Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had technical issues with the upload, should be good now (albeit resized).

No scratches I'm aware of, looking at the lens it appears fine. Car is two weeks old so a bit disappointing.

EDIT: Photos of the cameras, bad vs good. View attachment 1044749View attachment 1044750
The first picture seems to show some substance on the lens that could be water spotting. Try soaking a small section of a soft cloth with vinegar and apply to the lens to see if the substance is removed.

Reactions: AusMar and Hairyman
Hrmm service call time.
I guess so! Booked in for Thursday, ta.
The first picture seems to show some substance on the lens that could be water spotting. Try soaking a small section of a soft cloth with vinegar and apply to the lens to see if the substance is removed.
Good suggestion, though it's confirmed my suspicion it's some kind of water/liquid ingress from the inside. See what Tesla say when they see the car.

Thanks everyone.

From the vehicle that the Tesla Ranger turned up in for me, there isn’t much stuff that they can’t fix in your garage

It'll default to mobile service but the service team will review it before the day, and if it's something you need to go to the service centre for they'll call you to rebook.
Awesome thanks. I just got a message and have booked in for next Thursday. Very helpful and professional service staff too.

They are looking at the steering wheel squeak and the indicator buttons.

Reactions: Hairyman
Also to follow up on the preconditioning question I had before, you are correct that it is location aware so it now knows to charge and precondition before I leave in the morning, and precondition before I leave work in the afternoon:)

Is there a way to see where these settings have been applied, or do you have to visit the location to see it?

Was curious if the setting can be changed (or deleted) without the car being at that location.

One thing i have noticed and raised with Tesla service is the left hand scroll wheel is not super responsive and misses clicks to engage auto pilot.

Tesla has said this is not a known issue and i should get it checked but i feel like others have said they experience the same thing? Anyone else having this issue?

One thing i have noticed and raised with Tesla service is the left hand scroll wheel is not super responsive and misses clicks to engage auto pilot.

Tesla has said this is not a known issue and i should get it checked but i feel like others have said they experience the same thing? Anyone else having this issue?
Left or right scroll wheel for AP? I think it’s right?
Yeah I’ve had to try a couple of times to get TACC or AP engaged before.

In regards to the indicators; while chatting with the tech he did suggest the following:

IMG_0422.jpeg

I’m consciously now not resting my fingers near the buttons and so far no errors have occurred, however I recall thinking that the physical button component wasn’t responding. Very intermittent tho so it could still be PEBSWAC haha

Reactions: Moops
Hey all, been raining alot in Sydney lately, so I've done more wet weather driving, and noticed the car wants to slide its backside out standard baby driving around roundabouts, feel tyres are no good for wet traction,

They're set at 42PSI, brand new so not sure why, I mean it is a RWD so the possibility is always there but didn't think it'd be that easier, even a slightly more enthusiastic turn of the wheel around a bend or roundabout the car could slide,

A less experience driver I'm sure would do a 180deg in this thing in the wet

Any similar experiences?

Reactions: dronus
I'm visiting SA at the moment and borrowing a friend's ICE car... so far I have forgot to turn off the engine twice after parking, and once forgot to turn on the headlights (it was a well lit area and not really obvious my lights weren't on). I'm already so conditioned to everything being automated I don't think I can drive other cars now 😩
I left an ice car unlocked at Bunnings the other day because I forgot that it doesn’t lock itself hahaha.

• Funny
Reactions: AusMar and divstar
I'm visiting SA at the moment and borrowing a friend's ICE car... so far I have forgot to turn off the engine twice after parking, and once forgot to turn on the headlights (it was a well lit area and not really obvious my lights weren't on). I'm already so conditioned to everything being automated I don't think I can drive other cars now 😩
Welcome to SA aswell! Hope you enjoy your stay and dig the 80’s vibes :)

• Love
Reactions: divstar
So I’m converting my lawn mowing tools to electric and have my eyes set on the 60v GREENWORKS pro kit.

The box that the mower comes in is 1190x420x660.

I’m wondering if that can fit in the back seat of the m3h.

Plus it comes with a blower, whipper snipper and hedge trimmer thing which I’d have to jam in too.

Never thought I’d ask this question but Has anyone put a lawnmower box in the back seat of a model 3?