Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has always been controllable with the scroll wheel, but instead of scrolling up and down, you had to push it left and right. There just wasn’t any animation to let you know about it.
yep pushing the button in left and right is harder and take more effort, the up down scroll is more effortless, also now tapping the wiper button move between the different modes without having to scroll

The boot thing is probably going to get turned off on my car.
Everytime I walk past it in the morning to unplug the WC it starts beeping and sometimes opens. As I back up to a wall I shimmy past a bit close so it’s unavoidable.
I get it, it’s doing what it’s supposed to do so I can’t fault it for that.
Hopefully in the future it can be location aware so it can remember to turn it on when near shops but off at home or whatever.
Not a big deal, just some feedback.

Reactions: Mes1
I’m out there now
I think it’s going to fit.
The box is 1190x420x660 and that will fit on the back seat, or slid in under the parcel shelf with the seats down.
They said they are happy to unbox it also but yeah in the box seems better.
Then all the other stuff. It would be handy if that rear parcel shelf hinged or was removable, but it’s no big deal.

Reactions: Vostok
I think it’s going to fit.
The box is 1190x420x660 and that will fit on the back seat, or slid in under the parcel shelf with the seats down.
They said they are happy to unbox it also but yeah in the box seems better.
Then all the other stuff. It would be handy if that rear parcel shelf hinged or was removable, but it’s no big deal.
Borrow a cybertruck, better still go take one for a test drive a.d pick up your lawnmower

Reactions: dronus
3984 km on the odometer. I've spent $34.4 total, which makes $0.87/100 km. As a matter of fact, I didn't even have to spend it. Trying to push myself out of the range anxiety :)
I’m close to 8000km now. Spent a fair bit more than that but that’s because I drove to Victoria and used superchargers etc.

IMG_0445.jpeg

Reactions: Mes1
While it's fine to complain about things we'd like to see implemented better, it's good to remind ourselves how good we have it! Especially compared to a hideously overpriced comparison. That lane keep made me seasick just watching the video, lol, and all those frigging buttons and crap just to do anything!

Reactions: dronus
I’m close to 8000km now. Spent a fair bit more than that but that’s because I drove to Victoria and used superchargers etc.

View attachment 1045668
They need to add in a free period, I've done 2500KMS and it says I've used $35 (8c/kw cost) but 50% of that is done charging during the free period so 0c/kw.

So its more like I've only spent $17 in "fuel" these last3 months, which is insane

I've also pocketed a few grand, because me being an ex rev head if I had a turbo car, Id be chucking money on it to modify and make faster

With the Tesla the urge is gone, now Im saving money not burning it on car mods on top of the EV petrol savings

Reactions: Jules22
They need to add in a free period, I've done 2500KMS and it says I've used $35 (8c/kw cost) but 50% of that is done charging during the free period so 0c/kw.

So its more like I've only spent $17 in "fuel" these last3 months, which is insane

I've also pocketed a few grand, because me being an ex rev head if I had a turbo car, Id be chucking money on it to modify and make faster

With the Tesla the urge is gone, now Im saving money not burning it on car mods on top of the EV petrol savings
Can you just add another custom period to the plan in the app?

Reactions: Tesl3on
I've just noticed the T App is now showing 10A while my UMC is plugged in. 👍

On Tue I got 12.14.3 while I was working from home. Drove to work and back on Wed, but didn't pay attention to the charging rate when I got home.

Seems like the recent software update allows the UMC fw to also be updateable. Can anyone else confirm this?

I've just noticed the T App is now showing 10A while my UMC is plugged in. 👍

On Tue I got 12.14.3 while I was working from home. Drove to work and back on Wed, but didn't pay attention to the charging rate when I got home.

Seems like the recent software update allows the UMC fw to also be updateable. Can anyone else confirm this?
Yep it got fixed with 14.3

Reactions: edy80y
Oh, its give you cost, thats cool. Is the cost only associated with not at home charging, or can you set rates for your home charge kw/h
Yes, go into the app -> charge stats -> scroll down -> settings -> home, then you edit the schedule, buy price and if relevant sell price.

It can get up to 4 time-of-use tariffs and split them over the day.

The image shows the schedule for my house.
IMG_2302.jpeg