Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These should only be the cars delivered to customers before the stop delivery order - those after that point should be fixed before you take delivery so there's no need to "recall" it.
So should be listed as never had a recall :) nah man, mines been safe all the time, apart from when it catches on fire, but at least the baby strap will be cool.

If the driver of the black M3 highland who passed me this morning in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane is on these forums, I apologise for the weird looking hand signals I gave you. I did instinctively wave, but then thought that might be too dumb to wave at random strangers and stopped, but then changed my mind and tried to again. It might have looking like I was flipping you off, or doing something far worse. Nice wheels though. Was surprising to see another Highland on the road.

If the driver of the black M3 highland who passed me this morning in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane is on these forums, I apologise for the weird looking hand signals I gave you. I did instinctively wave, but then thought that might be too dumb to wave at random strangers and stopped, but then changed my mind and tried to again. It might have looking like I was flipping you off, or doing something far worse. Nice wheels though. Was surprising to see another Highland on the road.
Do the test drive cars up there have stickers on the doors? They do down here.

Suprise in picking up my m3h today.
Beautiful car and so quiet and refined.

I tried auto pilot, it was good on the highway but a bit sketchy anywhere else. Might have been me. Can you use cruise control without steering?

Wipers randomly activated with shadows. My ice car does that too.
Couldnt get phone contacts to sync so i couldnt call people, it said my ios had to be updated but it is up to date.
Im not too fussed, it will need a software update which im hoping happens tonight.

Im so excited snd so tired at the same time!

Ive set the charger to charge from 2300hrs at 5kw, it will finish in plenty of time. It can go to 7kw (32a) but im just easing into it :)

Suprise in picking up my m3h today.
Beautiful car and so quiet and refined.

I tried auto pilot, it was good on the highway but a bit sketchy anywhere else. Might have been me. Can you use cruise control without steering?

Wipers randomly activated with shadows. My ice car does that too.
Couldnt get phone contacts to sync so i couldnt call people, it said my ios had to be updated but it is up to date.
Im not too fussed, it will need a software update which im hoping happens tonight.

Im so excited snd so tired at the same time!

Ive set the charger to charge from 2300hrs at 5kw, it will finish in plenty of time. It can go to 7kw (32a) but im just easing into it :)
So happy for you!

You have the option of setting AP to one tap or two. If you set it to two, then one tap is for TACC, no steering. If you set it to one tap then you only have full AP or manual, nothing in between.

I had one random wipe on the way to work yesterday, just a single one, nothing other than that. Been hanging out for some rain to test it out properly.

I'm on Android, so not sure with the phone, mine was fine, I was asking the guy at the DC about software updates, expecting it'd take a week or two, but then as I was asking it popped up on my app to say 30.8 was ready to install. Must be a silver lining on the extra week wait to install the tether, lol.

I haven't even touched charge on mine yet, lol, well did plug my home charger in for a few seconds just to make sure it was still working. Only done a little over 100km though.

I plan to do a little road trip on the weekend, so will charge it up Friday night for that.

Interesting, ill look for the two tap thing today, that will be handy.

I was playing last night and set my charger to 24a (it can do 32 but i erred on the side of caution) to start at 11pm which i assume is inside my off peak. It started charging and finished some time after 2am. Pretty cool in the app. Im setting up the rates etc and home location. Its all quite intuitive.

I turned sentry on, but cant view the cameras yet because i have to go out to the car to confirm something, or so it says :)

Looks like mine shipped with 30.8?

IMG_8696.jpeg

Ill play with the phone contacts thing today, its prob my phone.

Got a few bird poos too so ill clean them first thing this morning

Reactions: Jules22
Ok figured a few things out.
Renamed car, reconnected phone bluetooth. This time it asked me to make sure a certain setting was on my phone, flicked that on, finished pairing, bam! Alm contacts and voice works to message them.

Set home address by clicking navigate .. set home.

Wiped car down with drying cloth, bit of dew overnight so everything slid off. Looks like they polished and waxed it?

Smells great!

Reactions: AusMar
Ok figured a few things out.
Renamed car, reconnected phone bluetooth. This time it asked me to make sure a certain setting was on my phone, flicked that on, finished pairing, bam! Alm contacts and voice works to message them.

Set home address by clicking navigate .. set home.

Wiped car down with drying cloth, bit of dew overnight so everything slid off. Looks like they polished and waxed it?

Smells great!
Most important question, what did you name it?

to start at 11pm which i assume is inside my off peak. It started charging and finished some time after 2am

ChargeHq is great for setting schedules for charging.

Also not sure if you have already checked out but some electricity providers offer ev rates. I'm on ovo energy (happy to provide a referral if you want - $120 credit) which gives me free electricity usage between 11am and 2pm, as well as 8c/kwh rates between midnight and 6am. I believe AGL also do the same but best to compare rates as it will vary based on postcode and distributor and may not work for your usage.

Reactions: dronus
ChargeHq is great for setting schedules for charging.

Also not sure if you have already checked out but some electricity providers offer ev rates. I'm on ovo energy (happy to provide a referral if you want - $120 credit) which gives me free electricity usage between 11am and 2pm, as well as 8c/kwh rates between midnight and 6am. I believe AGL also do the same but best to compare rates as it will vary based on postcode and distributor and may not work for your usage.
Ohh thanks for that. Yeah i think im paying 23c off peak so that might have to change.
Referral would be good, just dm me the details snd ill do some comparing. I couldn't find better overall rates once you factor in day rates too but ill use some comparisons and see what washes out

Just installing chargehq now. Im just looking into solar once i put these rebates in so that will be handy, thanks