Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Spotify - if you have premium connectivity does this include ad-free spotify
Ad free using Tesls's account. However you can't save your playlist. For that you need your own spotify account- it lets you login with your own account.
Is there a way to have a time range programmed for this
No , Sentry is location specific, no time based selection functionality

Reactions: dronus
apparently is necessary for the BMS to get a good read on the individual cell states or something?
Correct BMS is inaccurate when HV battery is in use because BMS reads battery voltage and uses some historical data such as net electrical current movement in/out
BMS estimations are therefore best with HV contactors are off. This is the loud metallic thud when you wake up the car

Inaccurate = not as accurate as when car is asleep. Still mostly accurate enough for driving purposes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: dronus and Jules22
i was looking at this thinking thats an odd looking Tesla.. then i saw the date,... Is that what your car looks like @meloccom ?

View attachment 1013129
The UI on Model S and X has changed a lot over the years, so it might have looked a bit like this in 2015 but has changed substantially now. The gear selector also indicates that the car pictured is pre Autopilot and virtually all Model S in Australia came with at least Autopilot V1.

Just wondering if anyone has had ceramic coating applied to the windscreen glass? I was planning to until I read the manual that says:

‘To add a hydrophobic coating to your vehicle's windows, apply the coating only to the side and rear windows, not the front windshield—doing so may affect the visibility of the autopilot cameras. Follow the hydrophobic coating manufacturer’s instructions for application details.’

I also found numerous old threads that were contradictory suggesting it was fine … I guess apply at own risk.

Just wondering if anyone has had ceramic coating applied to the windscreen glass? I was planning to until I read the manual that says:

‘To add a hydrophobic coating to your vehicle's windows, apply the coating only to the side and rear windows, not the front windshield—doing so may affect the visibility of the autopilot cameras. Follow the hydrophobic coating manufacturer’s instructions for application details.’

I also found numerous old threads that were contradictory suggesting it was fine … I guess apply at own risk.
I've applied it to the screen. Doesn't seem to make a difference to the cameras but makes a huge difference in displacing water and improving visibility.

Reactions: MacTessy
I find the wing mirrors weird, they auto dip for reversing, which is nice, but the left one seems to dip too much. Makes it really awkward for reversing into my garage. As someone who prefers to use mirrors over cameras it doesn’t make me comfortable trying to navigate the junk in my garage. Would love to find a setting for that. Or maybe it is actually something that needs to be looked at by Tesla. Would love to hear what others think about that.
Lucky you! (IMHO) We have a 2023 MYLR and can't get the left mirror to save in a position (dipped down) that allows you to see the curb (by the rear wheel) when parallel reverse parking. I would love it if our left rear mirror would drop all the way down.

Last edited:
We have (June) 2023 MYLR and I don't think our headlights have matrix. How does one tell? is it a setting in there somewhere to turn them on?
Matrix headlights look like this:

Just operate via headlight control via screen. There are no other controls - just on/off

IMG_2612.jpeg