Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only have one question:

Do the windscreen wipers work?

Yes, and no.

They are not the most proactive window wipers I have seen. Started raining and took a while before I got one solitary wipe. However, it wasn’t raining hard and visibility was still okay.

When it rained a little harder I had to press the steering wheel button a couple of times for a single wipe. But then they started working. Not sure why, the rain didn’t get worse. Although I was driving a little faster and maybe that feeds into the calculations.

I hope they figure out a way to improve it, for my wife more than me. It isn’t difficult to press the button, hardly a hardship. But should I really have to??

I had my first sentry alert while in Woolies, came back to the car and sentry was still on. I checked the video and someone just walked by the car.

But, the front camera was greyed out. There was very light rain and maybe rain was covering the camera?!? Something for me to keep an eye on and check again.

Reactions: DougalVizsla
I did manage to indicate off my local roundabout twice on my little trip today. Still had to glance at the wheel, but only a glance. Reckon it will quickly become a non big deal.

Got the car into the garage and opened the boot for my shopping. Couple of drips rolling down the back window into the boot. So the new design hasn’t completely fixed that issue. There is a channel there but a tiny gap between the glass roof and the boot that should be a drainage channel yet water still appears to be able to cross. Again, maybe something to keep an eye on as it might not be much of an issue and this was just one time.

Reactions: Hairyman
Oh, and apologies if I am turning this into my personal diary of a new car. Haha. Hopefully others will be able to start posting in this thread soon!!!

I am aware I am being a little critical on some things, and just want to point out that I love this car. Hands down the best car I have ever owned. And while I have never owned anything too flash in my life I did have a Golf GTI and a Mazda MX-5 before the kid appeared and sent me down a terrible SUV path for the last 12 years.

I have never owned a Saloon, or even driven one before. So maybe things like the rain getting into the boot is just something to live with. Not really a Tesla issue.

One thing I have missed and I love having back is this desire I have now to not take the quick way home. I find myself going the wrong way lots, driving 10km the wrong direction just so I can turn around and come back. A mixture of just loving being in the car, a little bit of just wanting to show it off (haha, I’m just a big kid after all) and enjoying trying everything out. God it is so nice being in a nice car ain’t it?

Can’t wait till everyone gets theirs and I can read how you all get on.

Yet to charge the car. Waiting for the sun to come out and get the solar panels working. Want to play with the in car ampage to see if I can reduce the charge rate of the car to match the solar panel output. I have 3 phase at the house so default is 11kwh and that’s a bit too much for the panels I have on the house. Will report back when I try it.

You can change the AC charge current in the car or in the App, to a minimum of 5A per phase. I have a tiny (by today’s standards) solar array of 5 kW, so I charge from excess solar at the minimum 5A per phase or about 3.6 kW. The car also remembers that setting at your location.

Oh, and apologies if I am turning this into my personal diary of a new car. Haha. Hopefully others will be able to start posting in this thread soon!!!

I am aware I am being a little critical on some things, and just want to point out that I love this car. Hands down the best car I have ever owned. And while I have never owned anything too flash in my life I did have a Golf GTI and a Mazda MX-5 before the kid appeared and sent me down a terrible SUV path for the last 12 years.

I have never owned a Saloon, or even driven one before. So maybe things like the rain getting into the boot is just something to live with. Not really a Tesla issue.

One thing I have missed and I love having back is this desire I have now to not take the quick way home. I find myself going the wrong way lots, driving 10km the wrong direction just so I can turn around and come back. A mixture of just loving being in the car, a little bit of just wanting to show it off (haha, I’m just a big kid after all) and enjoying trying everything out. God it is so nice being in a nice car ain’t it?

Can’t wait till everyone gets theirs and I can read how you all get on.
Loving the posts mate, can’t wait to put my foot down in the LR

Some details on Software updates:

I’ve just texted Tesla and asked when we might get the Holiday update. Will post here if I hear anything.

Some details on Software updates:

I’ve just texted Tesla and asked when we might get the Holiday update. Will post here if I hear anything.
Tesla was quick to reply - said software updates take time to reach each car, and to wait. Yep. Thanks :)

In other news, you can change the custom lock sound from a horn to something else. Here are some ready-to-download sounds you can upload into the car once the Holiday update arrives:

Reactions: Murphster
Tesla was quick to reply - said software updates take time to reach each car, and to wait. Yep. Thanks :)

In other news, you can change the custom lock sound from a horn to something else. Here are some ready-to-download sounds you can upload into the car once the Holiday update arrives:

Love this feature and the one I am waiting for more than anything. lol. Am so simple sometimes.

Not sure there is a time limit on it, but I am planning on using the outro from the Beatles ‘A Day in the life’ and am quite happy to wait for the entirety of the that E Major chord before the lock.

this feature not avaliable in australia. at least not on my m3 with holiday update

• Disagree