Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, booked in for service today.
Had the car 4 weeks, done 3,000km.
Drivers seat is moving both forward and back and side to side about 1-3mm.
Getting worse each and every drive.
Lots of 3-4 year old threads about this issue but apparently it was solved with larger bore bolts.
Apparently not.

Also booked a wheel alignment as the steering wheel was off centre (left down) from delivery.

Bit disappointed as my last LR I didn't have a single issue with in the 45,000km and 2 years I had it!

Reactions: dronus
Check this out, thought I’d warm the car up before heading back into the salt mines for more slavery this morning.. heating and cooling! Does anyone know if turning the AC on also preconditions the battery or do I need to schedule a departure time to do that?

IMG_9761.jpeg

I believe The seat cooling is only fan cooling not refrigerant cooling .

The heat pump will take heat from somewhere including heat from battery/motors/inverters/computers/ambient air. Preconditioning of battery (heating in this case) will be minor if at alland not to the level of supercharger preconditioning -this includes scheduled preconditioning. In very cold temp - subzero (think Canadian winter not balmy Adelaide 14C), the motors can be configured to start generating heat without moving them in but this may not be possible if the battery pack is dead cold and car is not plugged in.

I believe The seat cooling is only fan cooling not refrigerant cooling .

The heat pump will take heat from somewhere including heat from battery/motors/inverters/computers/ambient air. Preconditioning of battery (heating in this case) will be minor if at alland not to the level of supercharger preconditioning -this includes scheduled preconditioning. In very cold temp - subzero (think Canadian winter not balmy Adelaide 14C), the motors can be configured to start generating heat without moving them in but this may not be possible if the battery pack is dead cold and car is not plugged in.
Ohh i think the seats are refigerated, at least in this highland model they get very cold.
It was weird, my climate control was set to auto, but the drivers seat was set to manual full cold. I flicked it to auto and it behaved as expected.

One other thing i noticed.. i had not got around to putting more air in my tyres so that warning light was on again and they indicated 38psi.

Until the time that all 4 tyres had got to 40psi, the regenerative braking warning came on, saying its degraded. This normally only comes on when the battery is full and im rolling down a big hill.
Could it be that the car sees the tyres are under spec and it reduces regenerative braking to reduce wear on the tyres? I missed out on my free 3% rolling down the hill this morning hahaha

Reactions: Quickst
No Regen braking limitation on a long downhill likely due to heat in the inverters and or battery temp unable to accept charge. Is your an LFP battery ?
Yes, LFP. THe warning was on before the hill, it came on with the low tyre pressure warning, wnd turned off at exactly the same time the tyres all got to 40psi (I suspect since they were 38psi cold, after driving for 30 mins they heated up)