Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the lights on graphics.
Excuse the pubes on my screen.

IMG_9728.jpeg
IMG_9727.jpeg

Reactions: edy80y
interesting this morning i got home about 0130hrs with everything normal then went back to work at 0445hrs and my "low tyre pressure" warning light was on and all 4 tyres indicated 38psi.
By the time i got to wor 2 had got back to 40 but the other 2 were 39 and still orange on the graphic.

Have you guys had to maintain cold weather inflation pressures as per the manual or does it just go away by itself? I guess my fear is if i make it 44psi cold now, what happens when the normal Adelaide weather randomly goes to 45deg?

Id ignore it but i dont like having warning lights on.

In other news i didnt charge overnight so im getting confident testing what my weekly work commute charging schedule can look like.
Im predicting that if i continue to get my free 7kw jolt on the way home the time spent there will be less as ill be at a lower SOC, and ill just top off the LFP charge to 100% over the weekend during solar sponge.

interesting this morning i got home about 0130hrs with everything normal then went back to work at 0445hrs and my "low tyre pressure" warning light was on and all 4 tyres indicated 38psi.
By the time i got to wor 2 had got back to 40 but the other 2 were 39 and still orange on the graphic.

Have you guys had to maintain cold weather inflation pressures as per the manual or does it just go away by itself? I guess my fear is if i make it 44psi cold now, what happens when the normal Adelaide weather randomly goes to 45deg?

In other news i didnt charge overnight so im getting confident testing what my weekly work commute charging schedule can look like.
Im predicting that if i continue to get my free 7kw jolt on the way home the time spent there will be less as ill be at a lower SOC, and ill just top off the LFP charge to 100% over the weekend during solar sponge.
Interesting, it's 5 degrees here this morning, I'll try to remember to check what the pressures are saying when I get in. They were at 43psi yesterday.

Reactions: dronus

IIRC manual recommends 42psi cold. Tyres are made to cope with heating up. A couple of psi difference between tyres is immaterial. I have tried my tyres as high as 50 psi cold to see it if improved efficiency or the ride. Didn’t really notice a difference and went back to recommended.

I have one tyre with a very slow leak and the warning light comes on at 36 psi. I then pump it up again 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
IIRC manual recommends 42psi cold. Tyres are made to cope with heating up. A couple of psi difference between tyres is immaterial. I have tried my tyres as high as 50 psi cold to see it if improved efficiency or the ride. Didn’t really notice a difference and went back to recommended.

I have one tyre with a very slow leak and the warning light comes on at 36 psi. I then pump it up again 🤷‍♂️
Thanks, i might bump them up a few PSI like @Jules22 mentions above for winter and observe.

Over in Perth we have had a few cooler mornings this week and low and behold my tyre pressure warning has come on, although they're at 39 PSI all around. To me that's fine Elon wrote something that you can run at 39 PSI for "comfort over efficiency". Although I don't like the warning light and would prefer if they came on if pressure dropped below say 38. Anyone know if you can adjust the warning threshold?
Otherwise I guess I'll be adding some air too.

Reactions: dronus
Over in Perth we have had a few cooler mornings this week and low and behold my tyre pressure warning has come on, although they're at 39 PSI all around. To me that's fine Elon wrote something that you can run at 39 PSI for "comfort over efficiency". Although I don't like the warning light and would prefer if they came on if pressure dropped below say 38. Anyone know if you can adjust the warning threshold?
Otherwise I guess I'll be adding some air too.
Glad to hear it’s not just me ;)

Reactions: divstar