Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been getting tyre pressure warnings on colder mornings since the cool weather has returned, but not the regen warning. I doubt they are related - just a coincidence I suspect.

You purchased your car in summer - so your tyres would lively have been inflated to 42 psi at a warm ambient temperature - so now they are showing a lower pressure on a cool morning. I purchased my car last winter (June) and have only now started getting the pressure warning after not touching the tyres for 9 months.

I normally get the regen warning in winter in my climate - even if I have preconditioned the car beforehand (although I suspect the preconditioning helps improve the regen, even if it doesn't restore full regen) - sometimes it's the icon on the right, sometimes it's just dots in the regen bar (with no icon).

I think it's to do with the category of road (probably from the Nav database). There are some 60 roads in my area which I can increase the speed on, and some I can't.
ahh thanks for the replies, yeah some more testing, today 70 and 80kmph zone and it allowed me to scroll up to 72 73 83 etc, whereas 60km zones it wont let you, haha strange, ah well random quirk

THe warning was on before the hill,
Interesting. I've read elsewhere that the car is sensitive in its traction management and may limit regen when it thinks traction is reduced. I don't know how this would relate to lower tyre pressures but I'm speculating it may have something to do with expected tyre rotations and tyre diameter which may change with lower tyre pressures.

Reactions: dronus
Awesome yeah that makes sense, they would have been inflated in China while it’s hot and (maybe) checked here while it’s been hot.
I’ll whack 6-8psi extra in each or drive to the servo first thing in the morning.
Yeah I tend to have to put a few PSI in all corners when the weather starts to turn cold, then a few more when the really cold nights first hit.

Yeah no probs parking here either. The visualisations are very accurate not only obstacles but also the parking bay lines.

Plus I use the mirrors and camera too like an old school Luddite haha.

I’ve found the visualisations for kerbs really accurate too, definitely better than uss which gives you nothing in regards to kerbs before you rash the rims

Reactions: Jules22
I've found the new 3d vision system much better than USS and 360 view
Yeah no probs parking here either. The visualisations are very accurate not only obstacles but also the parking bay lines.

Plus I use the mirrors and camera too like an old school Luddite haha.

I’ve found the visualisations for kerbs really accurate too, definitely better than uss which gives you nothing in regards to kerbs before you rash the rims
makes sense... on an older Tesla, I mostly use cameras/mirrors too and only check USS distances in narrow spaces (which give you numbers in centimetres) ... I only wish Tesla could add front bumper camera that'll solve so much parking troubles xD

Reactions: AusMar and paulp
makes sense... on an older Tesla, I mostly use cameras/mirrors too and only check USS distances in narrow spaces (which give you numbers in centimetres) ... I only wish Tesla could add front bumper camera that'll solve so much parking troubles xD
While I haven’t seen cm from uss in any car I’ve driven before (this is my first Tesla) the cameras do a really good job visualising distances from things using a heat map. It’s pretty accurate but yeah if you are used to seeing cm it would be a learning curve.
I think you can add a third party front bumper camera if you really need one but I’d give it a try first.

Reactions: hnfmr
I've found the new 3d vision system much better than USS and 360 view
Have to agree with you here, I much prefer the 3D Vision over the 360 view in my wife's car.. although I still tend to use the mirrors and rear camera, and use the vision system not so much for proximity to objects, but more for looking at the lines in a parking spot to make sure I am straight.

Have to agree with you here, I much prefer the 3D Vision over the 360 view in my wife's car.. although I still tend to use the mirrors and rear camera, and use the vision system not so much for proximity to objects, but more for looking at the lines in a parking spot to make sure I am straight.

3D Vision is great. Also great is the ease with which you can control speed up hills or down slopes as you enter a tricky space. Easier than a conventional auto, and m-u-c-h easier than a DSG-style gearbox. Just so smooth.

Reactions: Moops and Jules22
If only they could get the 3D Vision to be sharper and less blob looking it would be awesome. I mostly still use my mirrors and rear camera when parking the car though as a force of habit.
I'm sure that is coming, but that is purely cosmetic so I doubt a high priority.

Definitely mirrors and eyes should be the primary, any assistance system should only ever be just that, assistance, not something you rely on.

Reactions: dronus
I'm sure that is coming, but that is purely cosmetic so I doubt a high priority.

Definitely mirrors and eyes should be the primary, any assistance system should only ever be just that, assistance, not something you rely on.
Absolutely. I saw a video the other day where they were bagging the lack of uss by somehow trying to substitute it for looking out the windscreen at what’s in front of them. The object was right there. “Why didn’t it warn me? “ was the argument..

If drivers can’t look out the window and do basic hazard perception, maybe they shouldn’t be driving?

Unfortunately some seem to think driving is a video game and better graphics on the screen is important. Like in GTA which explains a few things.. haha

Just a friendly reminder to wash your beautiful cars.

IMG_4136.jpeg