Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird one for me, my car seat has started 'clicking' when moving from easy entry to my setup and back again. I've also noted that the seat isnt going back to the same position each time (i seem to be further back from the steering wheel each time). I suspect something in the mechanism is stuffed and slipping causing it to not go to the proper position. I've added it to a service call i have coming up.
Anyone experience this?

How do you guys find the new matrix headlights on the highland refresh compared to the older non matrix ones (as fitted to my MY20)? Are they equal or as good, on country roads for seeing wildlife. Obviously all the adaptive stuff will be nice improvement, that is a given.

How do you guys find the new matrix headlights on the highland refresh compared to the older non matrix ones (as fitted to my MY20)? Are they equal or as good, on country roads for seeing wildlife. Obviously all the adaptive stuff will be nice improvement, that is a given.
You make interesting point about wildlife that didn't think of before.

If there is a roo on the road, will the matrix headlights dim it out? I hope it only dims out when it detects other headlights.

Maybe I should RTFM. 🤣

They've been excellent for me, the wildlife thing is definitely a big factor in CBR and being able to keep the side of the road illuminated while not blinding other drivers is huge.

They've been excellent for me, the wildlife thing is definitely a big factor in CBR and being able to keep the side of the road illuminated while not blinding other drivers is huge.
Could drive around Parliament House and see what wildlife type activities it illuminates thru the windows at night haha

I changed from a 2019 with the original headlights to a 2021 model with matrix lights and I'd say they're at least as good if not better.

Reactions: dronus
They are heaps good. Pics for attention.

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg
IMG_0010.jpeg

Thanks for the replies. Sounds as though they wont be worse for seeing Roos, Wallabies & Wombats then , which is the main thing I wanted to know.

Now I do have another Question relating to the adaptive side of things.. Matrix headlights set to auto, car coming the other way and system has blanked the cells where the oncoming car is. If oncoming car has left hi beams on and is blinding you - What happens if you try and flash your lights by pressing the light button on the steering wheel? Does is over ride the adaptive behaviour and hit them with the lot, or does it perhaps dip your lights because they are already on hi or does it do nothing?

Thanks for the replies. Sounds as though they wont be worse for seeing Roos, Wallabies & Wombats then , which is the main thing I wanted to know.

Now I do have another Question relating to the adaptive side of things.. Matrix headlights set to auto, car coming the other way and system has blanked the cells where the oncoming car is. If oncoming car has left hi beams on and is blinding you - What happens if you try and flash your lights by pressing the light button on the steering wheel? Does is over ride the adaptive behaviour and hit them with the lot, or does it perhaps dip your lights because they are already on hi or does it do nothing?
I’m pretty sure when you hold down the high beam light switch it lights up everything in front of you like a possessed Phalanx CIWS.

Reactions: Jules22
You got it?
Yeah its doing its thing now. I was messing around after washing the car, my internet got flakey (NBN is AWESOME!) so i hot spotted to my iphone.
Iphone was being shadey so i hot spotted to my work phone (Android Pixel Pro) which is on a different Telstra APN and BAM! as soon as the car connected to the phone it said update available.... might have been co-incidence... maybe?

#1 - re "Cabin Overheat Protection" - I have it turned on since I bought it as I usually park in the driveway without much overhead shade. How much battery do you reckon it should consume every day? I've noticed that the battery has depleted about 2% since yesterday whilst it's been parked. Is it normal or is there another setting I should be looking at as well?
You can answer your own question with the Energy App on the infotainment screen.

When you get back to your car, open the Energy App, and click on the "Park" tab, which will show you how much energy your car consumed while parked, broken down into sub-categories. One of these will be "Climate" which will show you how much the Over-temperature Protection used (unless you also used other climate options while parked).

Yeah its doing its thing now. I was messing around after washing the car, my internet got flakey (NBN is AWESOME!) so i hot spotted to my iphone.
Iphone was being shadey so i hot spotted to my work phone (Android Pixel Pro) which is on a different Telstra APN and BAM! as soon as the car connected to the phone it said update available.... might have been co-incidence... maybe?
1712224354929.jpeg

Maybe coincidence maybe not. After reading your post I jumped in the car and software started to download.

I leave my charger always connected. Surely this doesn’t affect wifi right?

It irks me when things get worded like this.

Having 11 teslas there shows they are popular, not that it’s a bad thing. Did all the other brand EVs have better range and kept going? Why mention Tesla?

If you only had 6 fuel bowsers available there would be lines of ice cars too, and when fuel is 10c off there are lines of ice cars around the block more often than public holidays…

Resized_Screenshot_20240404_115229_The_Advertiser.jpeg