Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, I took the same picture the other week. But it only takes 2 mins for ICE drivers to refuel apparently, lol
When people tell me it’s 2 minutes I point out it’s really 10, once a week so 520 mins or a full working day spent yearly at a servo. You cannot even go get lunch whilst waiting as you have to hold the trigger. On the other hand I spend a few seconds plugging in and unplugging.

When people tell me it’s 2 minutes I point out it’s really 10, once a week so 520 mins or a full working day spent yearly at a servo. You cannot even go get lunch whilst waiting as you have to hold the trigger. On the other hand I spend a few seconds plugging in and unplugging.
Yeah I've even seen stats from the service stations with averages between 8 and 15 minutes time spent on site.

Yeah I've even seen stats from the service stations with averages between 8 and 15 minutes time spent on site.

Yes the “2 minutes” has always been a lie. People should time from the instant they deviate from their current route to go to the servo, until they rejoin the route they were on. Including that time, and the time taken park, fill up, go to the shop, line up and pay, then get back to the car and leave the servo, it is easily 10 minutes or more.

Anyone else here getting a bass rattle from the rear parcel shelf?

In the coming weeks I might try to peel off the shelf to investigate underneath, and possibly apply some padding.

Also noticed the centre of the shelf, nearest the glass (directly above the centre brake light) is higher than the left and right side. Wondering if it appears this way for you guys?

In the coming weeks I might try to peel off the shelf to investigate underneath, and possibly apply some padding.

Also noticed the centre of the shelf, nearest the glass (directly above the centre brake light) is higher than the left and right side. Wondering if it appears this way for you guys?
No rattles from my parcel shelf but I have one in the rear-vision mirror assembly that's very obvious on coarse road surfaces. Had it since I got the vehicle and finally booked in Monday for the service centre to have a look at it.

Reactions: edy80y
Is it normal for Sentry Mode to drain 5.8% of the battery in 24 hours?

IMG_5217.JPG

Maybe you need a 4th child seat tether fitted to hold it down to stop the rattle?

Was your car re-worked for the third tether point (new shelf installed)? I've seen some pics showing that several tabs at the back of the shelf that should be inserted into the structure have missed the slots, resulting in bowed-upwards shelf and rattles. Take a look through the base of the rear window and see if you can see the tabs. If so, you have your problem!

Reactions: dronus
Was your car re-worked for the third tether point (new shelf installed)? I've seen some pics showing that several tabs at the back of the shelf that should be inserted into the structure have missed the slots, resulting in bowed-upwards shelf and rattles. Take a look through the base of the rear window and see if you can see the tabs. If so, you have your problem!
Yes new shelf had to be installed. Thanks for the info, will check soon.

Reactions: dronus