Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla rep said that deliveries are honoured by order date. My order is dated 5th August.

At least from what I’ve read here, I could have the longest standing order in Australia.

My order was originally for a performance, and somehow those who ordered after me were allocated VINs of the old model

Hold dooley yep, thats gotta be close!
Mine was just for a rwd ordered on the 18th August and changed to 2024 on 1 Sept when they said it wasnt available so i can t complain compared to you!
It would be nice if there was *some* indication of timeline, like, ohh its scheduled to be built in such and such week or whatever. A friend bought a Prado which had to be made, he was getting too much information as it come through production hahaha.

One thing i dont get is... and dont get me wrong, im really really looking forward to getting the updated model and have time on my side anyway, but if i look on tesla inventory in my state (South Australia) there is now a 2023 Model 3 RWD in the colour and configuration i had ordered. Would that have been someone elses order who has cancelled it and gone to 2024 and the car landed anyway?

if i look on tesla inventory in my state (South Australia) there is now a 2023 Model 3 RWD in the colour and configuration i had ordered. Would that have been someone elses order who has cancelled it and gone to 2024 and the car landed anyway?
"Inventory" doesn't mean the car has landed. It could still be at Shanghai, or on a ship.

So it could be your cancelled order, still on its way.

Or it could be surplus and never had anyone allocated to it, because Tesla build cars in batches, not to order.

One thing i dont get is... and dont get me wrong, im really really looking forward to getting the updated model and have time on my side anyway, but if i look on tesla inventory in my state (South Australia) there is now a 2023 Model 3 RWD in the colour and configuration i had ordered. Would that have been someone elses order who has cancelled it and gone to 2024 and the car landed anyway?
It is potentially my cancelled order. I'm based in Adelaide and cancelled a Grey Model 3 RWD on Friday morning and switched over to the refreshed model. As mentioned above, it is likely still on the way, my EDD was Sep 30-Oct 29 before I cancelled on Friday.

Reactions: dronus
It is potentially my cancelled order. I'm based in Adelaide and cancelled a Grey Model 3 RWD on Friday morning and switched over to the refreshed model. As mentioned above, it is likely still on the way, my EDD was Sep 30-Oct 29 before I cancelled on Friday.
Ahh cool that makes sense thanks. Yeah mine didn’t get far before Tesla cancelled it anyway so I swapped over.

Do you have a screenshot with your EDD? Haven't heard of anyone receiving an update for refreshed Model 3 orders yet.
Yeah I made a mistake in which forum I posted, I'm not used to forums at all and so I didn't see that this was Australians, I'm terribly sorry for the confusion. I'm from Denmark so that's probably why my EDD ranges are different. Again, terribly sorry for confusion.

Yeah I made a mistake in which forum I posted, I'm not used to forums at all and so I didn't see that this was Australians, I'm terribly sorry for the confusion. I'm from Denmark so that's probably why my EDD ranges are different. Again, terribly sorry for confusion.
That’s alright, it’s good info because at least it’s a sign of production being underway as it’s likely your car has been built. I would think they’ve tooled production to smash out the cars for Europe before they move onto the RHD for us Aussies

Here's a picture of my EDD from the Danish tesla site, I've done a quick translation of the website for ease of understanding. Also I've gone through and tried finding the hidden vin, but I've not been able to find one as of yet. Hope you all get your cars ASAP.

Attachments

• Tesla order EDD.png
    Tesla order EDD.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: PcS000
IMG_6006.jpeg
Here's a picture of my EDD from the Danish tesla site, I've done a quick translation of the website for ease of understanding. Also I've gone through and tried finding the hidden vin, but I've not been able to find one as of yet. Hope you all get your cars ASAP.
IMG_6005.jpeg

Looks similar to mine, but I don’t have the date range :( Yours looks promising, I hope you get it soon, keep us all posted as things progress!IMG_6006.jpegIMG_6005.jpeg

So while I’m waiting I installed the Wall connector so it’s good to go. Today I had my neighbour come over and test it for me so I know it’s good to go when the car gets here.
That charger is pretty cool, I sent him an invite from my Tesla app, he clicked the link, plugged in and off he charged at 32A.
After testing it I removed him from my list and it blocked him again. That’s pretty cool as it can all be done remotely. You can leave it open, or only allow Tesla cars, or authorised Tesla cars. Good idea for controlling destination chargers I suppose, book a room and get sent the invite to use the charger.
Anyway, another week living vicariously through all of you whom already have a model 3 :)

So while I’m waiting I installed the Wall connector so it’s good to go. Today I had my neighbour come over and test it for me so I know it’s good to go when the car gets here.
That charger is pretty cool, I sent him an invite from my Tesla app, he clicked the link, plugged in and off he charged at 32A.
After testing it I removed him from my list and it blocked him again. That’s pretty cool as it can all be done remotely. You can leave it open, or only allow Tesla cars, or authorised Tesla cars. Good idea for controlling destination chargers I suppose, book a room and get sent the invite to use the charger.
Anyway, another week living vicariously through all of you whom already have a model 3 :)
I have had my wall charger for about 3 months, no car yet and haven’t been able to test it. It’s like the green light mocks me every time I come home saying - you still haven’t got that Tesla yet have ya bud?

Reactions: Zinzilla and dronus
I have had my wall charger for about 3 months, no car yet and haven’t been able to test it. It’s like the green light mocks me every time I come home saying - you still haven’t got that Tesla yet have ya bud?
Haha. I put an isolator on it and turned it off as i couldn't handle the mocking!
At least now i know its good to go. and how to add myself to it as i predict ill be driving the car a fair bit when it finally get here!

Haha. I put an isolator on it and turned it off as i couldn't handle the mocking!
At least now i know its good to go. and how to add myself to it as i predict ill be driving the car a fair bit when it finally get here!
Have to admit, I am also a proud member of the "wall charger but no Tesla" club! I like to fool myself by telling myself that I'm happy that I got it early as we had to have a lot of remedial work done to the house to get it installed (asbestos removal, replacement riser, replacement fuse box, a massive amount of work), but ... the green light still mocks me :)

Have to admit, I am also a proud member of the "wall charger but no Tesla" club! I like to fool myself by telling myself that I'm happy that I got it early as we had to have a lot of remedial work done to the house to get it installed (asbestos removal, replacement riser, replacement fuse box, a massive amount of work), but ... the green light still mocks me :)
I guess at least this way it’s done and ready to go!
Imagine getting the delivery date and then having to rush to get it done haha.

Maybe we need a different waiting room thread - "Wall charger but no Tesla - waiting room" :)