Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's amazing. Just crazily smooth. So glad I got the red, white and wheels :)

IMG_0832.jpeg

Thanks fellas. The red is really nice. When I picked it up there was a red Model Y parked close to it and the ultra red was definitely nicer. We were parked next to a stealth grey which also looked great. Compared to our other car, I really enjoy that cruise control can automatically default to the speed limit +2km/h (or whatever you set it to) rather than your current speed, and that autopilot is so easily accessible. The lane keeping is great! It really keeps the car in the centre of the lane rather than just activating when you drift towards the side, like our other car. I've noticed the high beams come on pretty easily, even if there is a car say 50-100m ahead. Does this mean it's just adaptively blanking out the area where the car is and doing high beams everywhere else?

Thanks fellas. The red is really nice. When I picked it up there was a red Model Y parked close to it and the ultra red was definitely nicer. We were parked next to a stealth grey which also looked great. Compared to our other car, I really enjoy that cruise control can automatically default to the speed limit +2km/h (or whatever you set it to) rather than your current speed, and that autopilot is so easily accessible. The lane keeping is great! It really keeps the car in the centre of the lane rather than just activating when you drift towards the side, like our other car. I've noticed the high beams come on pretty easily, even if there is a car say 50-100m ahead. Does this mean it's just adaptively blanking out the area where the car is and doing high beams everywhere else?
Which software are you on? you might need the update to gain the adaptive matrix headlight functionality.

I’m not even waiting anymore, gave up. Zero customer service, which can be easily explained. Sales assistants are not interested financially in selling the cars or doing anything, as the prices are given on the website. Bad model.
I was chatting with a couple of Tesla owners yesterday about this, and their advice was; when you put your tesla order in, forget that you even ordered and just get excited when it actually arrives. Otherwise, the journey is real painful. I wish I listened to this advice earlier.
However, they both said that it was worth the wait and you forget about the painful wait. I guess I'll find out soonish.

I was chatting with a couple of Tesla owners yesterday about this, and their advice was; when you put your tesla order in, forget that you even ordered and just get excited when it actually arrives. Otherwise, the journey is real painful. I wish I listened to this advice earlier.
However, they both said that it was worth the wait and you forget about the painful wait. I guess I'll find out soonish.
Some Sage advice there. ☮️

Definitely worth it once you get it.

Which software are you on? you might need the update to gain the adaptive matrix headlight functionality.
2024.2.7. I actually could see the adaptive headlights working last night really distinctively, it was very cool. I just had a look of horror when I was fairly close to other cars and the high beams remained on... I figure it's doing its adaptive thing but wanted to make sure.

2024.2.7. I actually could see the adaptive headlights working last night really distinctively, it was very cool. I just had a look of horror when I was fairly close to other cars and the high beams remained on... I figure it's doing its adaptive thing but wanted to make sure.
Ohh yeah i know the feeling!!! in my panic to turn the high beams off i was mashing the high beam light which made them flash and really annoy everyone hahaha

What I am more worried is the same situation will repeat if the service is required. I will need to forget that I had a car and then make it look like I am pleasantly surprised and very excited that I actually do have one and be really-really thankful for such a favor of tesla employees to actually provide what I have paid for. You know what it is called.

Reactions: bsbh
What I am more worried is the same situation will repeat if the service is required. I will need to forget that I had a car and then make it look like I am pleasantly surprised and very excited that I actually do have one and be really-really thankful for such a favor of tesla employees to actually provide what I have paid for. You know what it is called.
If it is of any consolation i recently had a service call in for a software issue and the guys in Adelaide (Tonsley) were really good. They fixed my issue fast and with no fuss.

Waaaay better than any service department ive dealt with IRT ICE cars.

Thanks for sharing the steps. I followed as you explained and heard all the clicking and clacking, also noticed a message on the bottom right corner of screen advising software being updated, removing port will stop the update etc

Stood outside the car for a while, and nothing else happened, disconnected UMC from car and reconnected, still only able to charge at 8A. (I didn't not however turn the UMC off/on from the outlet though)

Will try again later tonight
Yeah, basically this is happening with highlands. The car tries to push the update but it fails. Tesla is aware of this but I don’t think fixing this bug is a priority.

Reactions: edy80y
If it is of any consolation i recently had a service call in for a software issue and the guys in Adelaide (Tonsley) were really good. They fixed my issue fast and with no fuss.

Waaaay better than any service department ive dealt with IRT ICE cars.
It all seems very patchy. Here people ordered in Jan and got delivery dates in Feb.
With service - this may be because they have 0.5 cars per week on average. What if they have more? Will they collapse the same way as DCs collapsed?

Reactions: dronus
It all seems very patchy. Here people ordered in Jan and got delivery dates in Feb.
With service - this may be because they have 0.5 cars per week on average. What if they have more? Will they collapse the same way as DCs collapsed?
Yeah not sure mate, i tried to get my ICE Calais in for a basic service and the wait time was 4 weeks.

Tesla on the other hand just fixed my issue by sending an update OTA so i didnt even have to go in there. Cant comment on what its like to go in :) They seemed to be able to take care of the shelf replacement pretty quickly.

It does suck that newer orders are being delivered before older orders, especially if they are the same config (is this confirmed?)...

A couple of people in the Model Y thread are boasting about going in to the DC and being abusive to staff to get their car reassigned to be delivered earlier. I personally think that is terrible behavior. Sure, ask if they can find a car to reassign, but abusing people isnt cool.

Yeah not sure mate, i tried to get my ICE Calais in for a basic service and the wait time was 4 weeks.
Yes, but you were given a date in 4 weeks, not a date range which shifts to another date range and then to another date range, right? :)
A couple of people in the Model Y thread are boasting about going in to the DC and being abusive to staff to get their car reassigned to be delivered earlier. I personally think that is terrible behavior. Sure, ask if they can find a car to reassign, but abusing people isnt cool.
I totally, absolutely agree. The question, however, is also who abuses whom now.

Last edited:
Hello Sydney Siders,

It seems like Alexandria is the fastest DC to get cars out for deliveries. I initially had mine for chatswood.View attachment 1023074
I had mine initially set to Chatswood as well but when I saw in this forum that Alexandria would most likely be faster, I asked my Tesla Advisor to change the delivery to Alexandria. It didn't help so far as I had no movement in my EDD at all since the order date (64 days, but who is counting?)

Reactions: Bonquopg