Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'day all!

New member, first time owner (soon).

Thought I'd check in.

• Ordered 5 Mar (White M3 LR, 18" Photons, black interior)
  • VIN assigned and informed car was on the Orchid Ace
  • Build date 23 Feb
  • MOLACE showing the Orchid Ace due at Port Kembla 7 April, but the ship has gone back to Shanghai from Singapore. Keen to learn how often this happens and if it's likely to come back to Australia directly or stop again via Singapore
  • I seem very lucky so far, I've read some folks who ordered mid-December also have their cars on this ship
  • The VIN is not visible through the Tesla app, only through the Invoice and rego paperwork
  • No due date in the app
I remember a year or so ago visiting this forum and being amused that you folks would track ships, now here I am :D
This is omega lucky haha!
M3 LR in red.
18” wheels and black interior.
Ordered 23/02 and heard absolutely nothing 😫 delivering to Canberra.

Reactions: MacTessy
G'day all!

New member, first time owner (soon).

Thought I'd check in.

• Ordered 5 Mar (White M3 LR, 18" Photons, black interior)
  • VIN assigned and informed car was on the Orchid Ace
  • Build date 23 Feb
  • MOLACE showing the Orchid Ace due at Port Kembla 7 April, but the ship has gone back to Shanghai from Singapore. Keen to learn how often this happens and if it's likely to come back to Australia directly or stop again via Singapore
  • I seem very lucky so far, I've read some folks who ordered mid-December also have their cars on this ship
  • The VIN is not visible through the Tesla app, only through the Invoice and rego paperwork
  • No due date in the app
I remember a year or so ago visiting this forum and being amused that you folks would track ships, now here I am :D
You’ve hit the jackpot!!

I find this hilarious 🤣
Different strokes/different folks, however I couldn't give the slightest about my battery consumption, when my 6.2l V8 will happily tax me $150 per week in fuel.

My average of 160wh/km is a testament to this cars ability to quickly get around slow pokes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done!

Was happy with 130wh/km on drive through Adelaide Hills - Cudlee creek - Lobethal - Lenswood - Norton Summit. 39degrees and plenty of hard climbing.

Normally get 113-114 on plains driving to work.

80c of charge for hills trip.😅
Yeah i was just working it out. I did 120km today driving around adelaide. Put 7kw free in at jolt and another 7kw when i got home to top it off during solar shoulder. So a couple of bucks going by my maths.

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
Howdy all. Been lurking around here for a few days now. Excited to be joining the Tesla family! My partner and I ordered a Model 3 almost 2 weeks ago after a test drive at the Mt Gravatt dealership. Amazed at how smooth a drive it was!!

Now I'm doing the eternal wait like anyone else in this position. My sales rep kinda hyped us up with a strong impression we'd have our car in only a few weeks. But now I realise that isn't likely. 😂

Reactions: Rosier
Howdy all. Been lurking around here for a few days now. Excited to be joining the Tesla family! My partner and I ordered a Model 3 almost 2 weeks ago after a test drive at the Mt Gravatt dealership. Amazed at how smooth a drive it was!!

Now I'm doing the eternal wait like anyone else in this position. My sales rep kinda hyped us up with a strong impression we'd have our car in only a few weeks. But now I realise that isn't likely. 😂
Welcome!

You never know, now that cars have been coming into the country for a while you may get a quicker delivery (depending what stock is around and what config you ordered). There is a bit of a backlog for actual deliveries though, so keep an eye on your app for any updates!

Welcome!

You never know, now that cars have been coming into the country for a while you may get a quicker delivery (depending what stock is around and what config you ordered). There is a bit of a backlog for actual deliveries though, so keep an eye on your app for any updates!
Thanks! 😊

We ordered a M3RW Solid Black with black interior and standard wheels. Kinda hoping that combo might result in us getting it soonish!

Reactions: dronus
Thanks for that. I was assuming that was the case, but wanted to make sure. Definitely getting the new design. 😊
If you head over to this thread people are sharing their experiences with various accessories :)

If you head over to this thread people are sharing their experiences with various accessories :)

I will definitely be in there once I'm caught up on the 76 pages in the other Highland thread. Gotta do something while I wait to be assigned a car. 😂

Is someone able to clarify for me about the difference between a normal Model 3 and the N3 Highland? Just looking at what accessories to get.
there are lots of differences, some are small and some are bigger. When looking for accessories, better to check if it's compatible with M3 highland (some sites have highland specified on it and others say that's compatible with model year to 2024 so be sure you check that).

Most bigger changes for accessories were on the outside of the car but not as noticeable ones also makes a difference like: mats, central panels, usb locations, etc.

Is anyone from the Logan area of Queensland got any recommendations for where to take my M3H when I get it to get ceramic paint coating and window tinting? My NL company has said I can include that as part of the leasing, but need to get a quote to get to them.

No rush, obviously. But if anyone has recommendations that would be great. 😊

Hello, I'm joining the waiting room :)

Ordered a M3 RWD in red, 18" wheels and white interior.

Hoping the delivery estimate is reasonably accurate and I can receive the car sometime in April. I did see people over in USA talking recently about delays with white interior, but hopefully no such issues with Shanghai. Has anyone here with a white interior recently had their date pushed back?