Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey hey!

I just thought I'd finally jump in and say a friendly hello. I've been following this thread for the past week and have found the level of sleuthing incredibly entertaining.

Model 3 SR
Ext: White
Int: Black
OD: 7th March 2024
EDD: February to April
No VIN just yet (hidden or otherwise)

When I ordered on the 7th of March, the delivery dates were still February to April (you've got to love that optimism). 😂. It seems like over the weekend, it changed to March - April. I'm curious to see if they did indeed stockpile a few extras on the boat that haven't been assigned since they still estimate the end of April.

Either way, happy to be here!
Welcome! I ordered a week before you did but same model Colour and interior!

Reactions: mcschultz
I changed my delivery centre to Alexandria this morning. The Sales Advisor all but confirmed that since this DC delivers a lot bigger volume, it is highly likely that you may save a few days...
Interesting. I'm not too sure about which DC is bigger in Melbourne. I'm currently set to pick up at Mulgrave (mainly because it's closer to the in-laws), but I'm wondering if I should bother swapping to another DC.

Hey Sydney Siders,

I have received an email this morning saying that my Model 3 has arrived in Australia. Hopefully, I can get it by next week!.

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpeg
    IMG_0257.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 10
Hi all, placed an order for m3 lr black with white interior on Marc 11th, edd mar-apr. Hoping I don't have to sit in here for too long, however I am enjoying the conversations. From adelaide, and I can see there are a few other adeladians in here. So while I play the waiting game, just wondering if anyone from Adelaide can recommend a good ev home charger installer, I have solar and am looking forward to never having to go to a petrol station ever again

Hi all, placed an order for m3 lr black with white interior on Marc 11th, edd mar-apr. Hoping I don't have to sit in here for too long, however I am enjoying the conversations. From adelaide, and I can see there are a few other adeladians in here. So while I play the waiting game, just wondering if anyone from Adelaide can recommend a good ev home charger installer, I have solar and am looking forward to never having to go to a petrol station ever again
May I suggest that you compare the price of a Tesla certified installer with a non-certified one. It's actually not that hard for any certified electrician to install this. All they need to do is to install 1-3 circuit breakers in your switchboard (depending on whether you have single phase or 3 phase electricity), run a 6mm or a 8mm cable (depending on how far they need to run it from the board) and then plug it into the wall. I have just installed a Tesla wall connector 3 and the quotes I was getting from Tesla certified ones were in the vicinity of ~$2400 incl the wall connector. I got it done for ~$1500 from a certified electrician.

May I suggest that you compare the price of a Tesla certified installer with a non-certified one. It's actually not that hard for any certified electrician to install this. All they need to do is to install 1-3 circuit breakers in your switchboard (depending on whether you have single phase or 3 phase electricity), run a 6mm or a 8mm cable (depending on how far they need to run it from the board) and then plug it into the wall. I have just installed a Tesla wall connector 3 and the quotes I was getting from Tesla certified ones were in the vicinity of ~$2400 incl the wall connector. I got it done for ~$1500 from a certified electrician.
$1500 including wall box, for gen 3, that's a good price, are you in Adelaide? If so can I get the name of the electrician

$1500 including wall box, for gen 3, that's a good price, are you in Adelaide? If so can I get the name of the electrician
I'm in Sydney I'm afraid. What I did was to post this job on various facebook groups - there are a couple of Dads in Sydney kinda groups that I'm a member of and then Electricians in Sydney groups - you may have similar ones in Adelaide too... and asked certified electricians to DM me a quote. What I learnt was there are these sub contractors who usually work for these large "Tesla certified" companies, they have the experience and happy to do it for the same price they quote these large outfits.

I'm in Sydney I'm afraid. What I did was to post this job on various facebook groups - there are a couple of Dads in Sydney kinda groups that I'm a member of and then Electricians in Sydney groups - you may have similar ones in Adelaide too... and asked certified electricians to DM me a quote. What I learnt was there are these sub contractors who usually work for these large "Tesla certified" companies, they have the experience and happy to do it for the same price they quote these large outfits.
Hmm, thanks for the tip