Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine have not shown up on the web yet, but are available in the app.

My VIN is only in the source code and the registration form. Not showing in the app or web.
Mine are not showing up anywhere. Not worried, though. Knowing stuff is happening is enough for me.

I guess I just mainly want something I can point to that definitively confirms my car exists. Right now it feels a bit like Schroedinger's Tesla. It both exists and doesn't exist. 😂

Reactions: dronus
Just got the quote from my chosen car detailing company. Decided to go with PPD Detailing here in Browns Plains because they've done a load of M3H (he said about 30 this year so far!) so they're pretty used to what's needed.

$7k for the full PPF wrap and ceramic coating and interior protection. Throwing in wheel protection for free, which is nice. 5 days to do the job, however, which saddens me. To think I will get my car on a Saturday, give it to PPD on the Monday, and then not get to drive it till the following Friday evening!

Quote now off to Statewide to get that onto the NL. Now if I could just get a final invoice I could breathe a bit easier.

• Informative
Reactions: mcv75 and BaymaxW
Hi all

New member, first time posting...

Thanks to everyone for posting their Model 3 purchase stories here. I have learned a lot and have enjoyed reading the updates over the past few weeks.

I have been deferring purchase due to overseas trips but will eventually be beginning my Tesla journey tomorrow. I will be ordering the M3 2024 RWD in Pearl White / Black / 18" wheels.

I will update as the wait progresses...

Hi all

New member, first time posting...

Thanks to everyone for posting their Model 3 purchase stories here. I have learned a lot and have enjoyed reading the updates over the past few weeks.

I have been deferring purchase due to overseas trips but will eventually be beginning my Tesla journey tomorrow. I will be ordering the M3 2024 RWD in Pearl White / Black / 18" wheels.

I will update as the wait progresses...
Nice combo! All going well you should only have a 7-8 week wait, but if you want to shorten that check to see if they have what you want in inventory. Then it'll only be 2-3 weeks. 😊

Reactions: mcv75
Just got the quote from my chosen car detailing company. Decided to go with PPD Detailing here in Browns Plains because they've done a load of M3H (he said about 30 this year so far!) so they're pretty used to what's needed.

$7k for the full PPF wrap and ceramic coating and interior protection. Throwing in wheel protection for free, which is nice. 5 days to do the job, however, which saddens me. To think I will get my car on a Saturday, give it to PPD on the Monday, and then not get to drive it till the following Friday evening!

Quote now off to Statewide to get that onto the NL. Now if I could just get a final invoice I could breathe a bit easier.
They look pretty good and plenty of good reviews. I feel the pain of being without the car for 5 days, but at least you know that they take the time to do it properly and don't rush it.

That PPF seems to really add to the depth of the gloss of the paint - will be awesome with black. If it's the Suntek film, I have been really happy with Suntek tint. My Mazda 6 is 11yr old this month and the tint hasn't lifted, bubbled, split, scratched and hardly faded.

They look pretty good and plenty of good reviews. I feel the pain of being without the car for 5 days, but at least you know that they take the time to do it properly and don't rush it.

That PPF seems to really add to the depth of the gloss of the paint - will be awesome with black. If it's the Suntek film, I have been really happy with Suntek tint. My Mazda 6 is 11yr old this month and the tint hasn't lifted, bubbled, split, scratched and hardly faded.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I figure if I'm going to spend close to 70k on a car, then I want it looking amazing for as long as possible.

He asked if I wanted to do a matte conversion, to which I said hell no. I want this baby to reflect infinity and beyond in its paint. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: mcv75

Hey BTR, just wondering why would you need both PPF and ceramic coating, I thought ppf would negate benefits of ceramic coating

Hey BTR, just wondering why would you need both PPF and ceramic coating, I thought ppf would negate benefits of ceramic coating
I did ask him that. As best as I understand it, PPF protects you from rock and stone chips, whereas the ceramic coating is about enhancing the paint and really making it shine and be easier to clean etc.

They overlap in what they do somewhat, but am sure someone here can explain it better than me.

Hey folks. Got my VIN direct from Tesla finally (still not showing up anywhere at my end), but I am unsure of what to do with it. How do I use the VIN to find out when my car was built?
I can see that in the Invoice document:

1712711724003.png

and my VIN never appeared in the APP or Website, I can only see that in the website source code and in the NSW Registration and Invoice documents

Oh, so I still have to wait for the final invoice? Having the VIN doesn't help me?
If the vehicle is already registered in Australia, then you can have a look at https://rover.infrastructure.gov.au/Produce/wizard/0e72b571-5c02-4014-a35d-e5fe19dbba03 (or the older website: https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/ )

But as you have the VIN now, you should receive the Final Invoice in a day or 2 (I received mine in a day after I saw my VIN), I am still waiting for the car and I don't have a final delivery date yet. Have you checked in the documents section of the app/website if there is anything already available to you?

Hi

I joined today in Tesla motors club

we have ordered on 22-Mar-2024 below model in Melbourne, still waiting for delivery date.

2024 Model 3 Long range
Deep blue
18" Photon wheels
Black interior
Enhanced Autopilot

Any idea on the delivery time frame, when i booked it was mentioned Mar - Apr'2024 and still the same in the app

Reactions: BTRProducer
Hi

we have ordered on 22-Mar-2024 below model in Melbourne, still waiting for delivery date.

2024 Model 3 Long range
Deep blue
18" Photon wheels
Black interior
Enhanced Autopilot

Any idea on the delivery time frame, when i booked it was mentioned Mar - Apr'2024 and still the same in the app
Welcome to the Future Tesla Owner page Gavarse. I ordered my M3 LR Blk with white and 18in wheels on Mar 11, with the same EDD as you. Still dont have a Vin assigned. This is a great forum, plenty of action, and lots of information to take on board. Add your car and details in your signature, that way other members can see you M3 details and not have to ask you every time.

Hi

2024 Model 3 Long range
Deep blue
18" Photon wheels
Black interior
Enhanced Autopilot

Welcome, I have same configuration but in Ultra Red, ordered 23rd of Feb and still EDD is Feb-April. I am from Melbourne too :) hope our vehicles hit the delivery date soon.