Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Crew, New member here.
Waiting patiently for a VIN or update. Will speak to my SA on the weekend to see if there is any update on May deliveries for the Melbourne folk.

Order Date: Nov 5th 2022
  • Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior

Reactions: xavier2k3
Waiting patiently for a VIN or update. Will speak to my SA on the weekend to see if there is any update on May deliveries for the Melbourne folk.

• Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
I spoke to my SA yesterday. Melbourne pickup.

He said quite a lot of vehicles are incoming (check my last few replies) and if the EDD is Feb to May, you will take delivery in May.
He wouldn’t give me a date or ship details but thousands of teslas are inbound to VIC and should start seeing vin being assigned by end of this month. If payment is processed in time, should be able to pick up in May without any issues.

FYI - Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

Last edited:
I spoke to my SA yesterday. Melbourne pickup.

He said quite a lot of vehicles are incoming (check my last few replies) and if the EDD is Feb to May, you will take delivery in May.
He wouldn’t give me a date or ship details but thousands of teslas are inbound to VIC and should start seeing vin being assigned by end of this month. If payment is processed in time, should be able to pick up in May without any issues.
Wonderful. fingers crossed. Thanks for the info @grizzlybear :)

Reactions: grizzlybear
Ordered 29/8/2022. EDD Feb-May 2023. Melbourne. Model Y RWD Solid Black paint. 20” Induction wheels. All Black interior. Still waiting on VIN.
Updated EDD May 6 - May 27. It’s getting close! I’ve paid Tesla for the car.. I’ve also received a $1,657 comprehensive insurance quote from Budget Direct that I’m considering. Watching lots of MY videos..

Reactions: xavier2k3

• Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
Update:
EDD just changed this afternoon from Feb-May >>> May 21 - June 11.
Finally some movement

Update:
EDD just changed this afternoon from Feb-May >>> May 21 - June 11.
Finally some movement
Your message prompted me to check and I have some movement too!

Feb-May changed to TBD today, too. "is_vin_assigned":true" has updated from false in the source code too on my order page.

I found Westpac waaaay cheaper than anyone else. $1140/yr, in Tas.
Thanks - I'll have to check them out as I bank with them and also have my mortgage with them. Budget Direct have been the cheapest here in VIC and I've got another car with them but I'll try and get a quote to compare.

Long time observer - thanks for all the information being shared (particularly given Tesla's comms on our place in queue has alot of room for improvement!)

Overnight we've had our VIN assigned. Still working through which ship it may be on, but likely one of those sitting off Brisbane at present.

Model Y RWD - White, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels - Order Date: 06/12/22 - Hidden VIN Assigned 26/04/23 - EDD May 8 - 29

Reactions: JonDarian
Sorry to ask such a noob question. In my account under the build details it says delivery TBA. It used to say Feb - May… My order date was 6/1/23 (originally ordered a M3 last year but changed the order to a MY). I’m located in Brisbane. Is changing to TBA a good thing or bad? Our accountant is gunning for a delivery prior to EOFY but I’m getting worried!!

Sorry to ask such a noob question. In my account under the build details it says delivery TBA. It used to say Feb - May… My order date was 6/1/23 (originally ordered a M3 last year but changed the order to a MY). I’m located in Brisbane. Is changing to TBA a good thing or bad? Our accountant is gunning for a delivery prior to EOFY but I’m getting worried!!
Any change is a good thing. Refer to the first post on the thread

What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)​

I found it to be useful.

It means the system is being updated in the back end, in after 2 days of TBD i got my updated EDD.. so in the next day or two you'll get a EDD..