Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replied to the previous text message and this was the response:
Hi,

Thank you for making payment on the vehicle. We aim to keep you updated using the EDD but it is still an estimate until we confirm dates which we would confirm with you.

We aim to deliver your vehicle as soon as possible. We will be in communication when your vehicle is booked for movement to our Delivery Centre.

The Tesla Team

This is the third change:
First 22/05 - 12/06
Second 02/06 - 16/06
Third 19/06 - 30/06
What number should I call to get more info?
Unfortunately there is no number which i am aware of.
My guess is that they schedule the delivery based on the transport planning from the holding yard to DC.
Your 3rd date range may get improved later this week or next week, Mine was closer to the initial week of the 3rd change ( 1 June - 17 June)
The difference I can see from mine is , your's built date is 24/04 and mine was 21/04. So i guess yours might have missed the Turandot hence the delay.
🤞

Reactions: GGS4400
Unfortunately there is no number which i am aware of.
My guess is that they schedule the delivery based on the transport planning from the holding yard to DC.
Your 3rd date range may get improved later this week or next week, Mine was closer to the initial week of the 3rd change ( 1 June - 17 June)
The difference I can see from mine is , your's built date is 24/04 and mine was 21/04. So i guess yours might have missed the Turandot hence the delay.
🤞
I am not sure about that. Car was in the RAV database on 15th May. After Turandot, when was the next ship that arrived at the Melbourne port?

I just called up Tesla customer service and they confirmed the car was offloaded from GE and is undergoing cleaning before being transported to delivery centre, but said there was a backlog of cars undergoing cleaning hence there would be a little delay
Yea just called them and the vehicle is in Port Melbourne and because it is coming from China, there is some quarantine restrictions which all vehicles need to go through and clearance is taking a bit of time. As per the CS, vehicle arrived in Melbourne late May. When it will be scheduled to be transported to Mulgrave, they will send me a text. So I just need to wait.

Today is the day!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530-140545.png
    Screenshot_20230530-140545.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 86
How did it go?
It was very smooth. Not many people were there when we arrived. We didn't have to wait, we got the access card straightway and we were taken to the car.

Even before I reached (30 mins before my scheduled time), the car was visible in my app for me to accept the delivery. When I reached, I just had to show my VIN on my app/DL to confirm my ID and I could take the access cards.

There were about 20 cars in the warehouse, mostly white Model Ys, with a few blue and black. Apparently there were around 30 cars delivered during the day. The new Pinkenba facility in Brisbane is very spacious and has a few supercharges (not for public use though!). I got my car with 95% battery and 11km on the odo.

We had to do a quick reset of the screen at the warehouse because the time zone was not right (probably because my partner had set Singapore English language in her app 🤔).

We are happy with the build quality. As expected, no UMC & no parcel shelf. Compared to my test drive, I couldn't feel any difference in the suspension either. Overall I am happy with the ride quality and interiors. Felt better than the test drive car. This is our upgrade from a small hatchback so may be I am easy to please :) I can confirm that rear view mirror is close to useless 😅. Couldn't see much, especially at night.

The service personnel were happy to provide additional plate covers for my slimline PPQ plates.

Overall, happy with the delivery experience.