Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not seeing a lot of orders being fulfilled in Sydney/ NSW. See a lot of deliveries for WA, and Victoria and Qld. Am I wrong?
Sydney has had 2 lots of vin assignments in the past 2 weeks along with the rest of the east coast, you must just not be seeing it as much but I’ve definitely seen it all over multiple social platforms.

From what I’ve got, WA got 3 shares shipments last quarter but 2 more slipped into this quarter so we would’ve had 5 shipments for a quarter of varying size but looks mostly around the 500-600 or less. The east coast have had the normal armacup shipments last quarter as well as the big load from msc immacolata.

I’d say for certain yous are getting more cars in each city but we are either getting more cars per capita here or maybe it’s just less demand here with the lack of incentives and higher taxes.

Maybe WA MYPs are being built (and shipped) together. So painful seeing other states get their orders fulfilled whilst we Wait Awhile. Still all good things are supposed to come to those that wait (awhile)

For sure. There is probably 50 orders (if that) for WA and 99% likely to come from Asia, not via east cost of Oz. So it makes sense to line up our production with our ship. There is a chance, if the shipping gods align, that a direct ship from Shanghai to Fremantle could beat the ships that hold the east coast vins that were release last week and this week.
On the plus side, we'll all hit the road at the same time and show those Y RWD what's what :p

• Funny
Reactions: Dannerz
~40 Model Y's briefly (sub 1min) showed up in Sydney stock before being assigned to existing orders.
1675257061744.png

yes trade in valuations seem to be very slow especially in WA.

Trade-in valuations will only give an option once a VIN has been assigned, this is due to trade-ins only being valid for 60 days.

Reactions: Dannerz
order MYP around 1:30pm first day, then updated my order (removed FSD) at 10:00pm on the same day. Does anyone know if this will affect the delivery date?
No it doesn’t. I removed FSD on the 22nd of June after realising it doesn’t cost more to buy it after delivery. My original MYP order was done at 11:03 on day one and I now have a VIN and estimate for 11 March-1 April, so my original spot in the queue was kept.

Interested to get peoples views on the likelihood of receiving my vehicle (RWD) in the Feb - May window advised by Tesla given i ordered at the start of November. What doesn't make sense to me is that it if they are only filling June/July orders now in Feb/March what hope does a November order have to make it by the end of May? Unless theres a massive uptick in deliveries or the order book drops off substantially after June/July orders I can't see how its going to happen.

Interested to get peoples views on the likelihood of receiving my vehicle (RWD) in the Feb - May window advised by Tesla given i ordered at the start of November. What doesn't make sense to me is that it if they are only filling June/July orders now in Feb/March what hope does a November order have to make it by the end of May? Unless theres a massive uptick in deliveries or the order book drops off substantially after June/July orders I can't see how its going to happen.
For everyone that ordered June/July - they've had to be prioritised against other markets where there was high demand.
Now - demand in China has reduced so I see them being able to deliver more to Australia. I ordered a month after you, December 1st. I expect to see it by May. Maybe even April.

The theory is that there was a spike in orders at launch and it's been steady after that. (mostly speculation). MYP deliveries have started just now whereas RWD has been going on since Sep 21.

I think getting the delivery in Feb-May, if it said so while you ordered, is quite likely.

Model Y RWD. Midnight Silver, All other standard options | OD: 23 Sep 2022 | EDD: Feb-May 2023 (Sydney)

Reactions: Elite Display
2 questions if I may:
-registration: I have new custom plates in storage at NSW service. Am I correct in that there is no way for me to put them on at pickup, but the car will get a standard plate and then I’ll have to go to pick mine and return the standard?
For NSW only way to get your custom plates is go to the Services NSW holding them after picking up your car, remove your new plates and swap them over.

Reactions: aussiericky
The theory is that there was a spike in orders at launch and it's been steady after that. (mostly speculation). MYP deliveries have started just now whereas RWD has been going on since Sep 21.

I think getting the delivery in Feb-May, if it said so while you ordered, is quite likely.

Model Y RWD. Midnight Silver, All other standard options | OD: 23 Sep 2022 | EDD: Feb-May 2023 (Sydney)
You ordered in Sep and there's a few of us that ordered right after the price drop.
There's a possibility that these are all made at the same time.

There's an even higher chance now since the other Gigafactories are running smoothly. Tesla aren't depending on just the Shanghai plant to do everything now.

End of quarter shipments - you know dis
I got a trade in valuation from Tesla today

2016 Renault Koleos
$13k - Tesla
$15k to $16k - Car sales instant offer
$17k to $18k - Commercial car dealers

I knew it wasn't going to be worth it through Tesla but wow its quite a bit off the mark.
Accept or decline so you can see your vin :D ~60 days away from your car (or less)

Reactions: joseph.luppino
For everyone that ordered June/July - they've had to be prioritised against other markets where there was high demand.
Now - demand in China has reduced so I see them being able to deliver more to Australia. I ordered a month after you, December 1st. I expect to see it by May. Maybe even April.
Demand in China has risen massively in the past few weeks due to big price drop.