Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be very interesting since Morning Crystal left Shanghai on the 19th and your build date was after that haha
If they are on Turandot, no idea why Tesla could give us EDD earlier than the arrival

Also, anyone used CITA smart 7 charger? if yes, any review?

Or any other recommendation? Since I need to find a charger that could track the electric usage for novated lease.

I received a hidden VIN on Monday due to a cancellation in Brisbane. I got the delivery text today and can schedule delivery earliest on Saturday. I wouldn’t be able to transfer funds in time so extended until the 6th of May to give me a bit of time to sort out everything. I was expecting to have 2-3 weeks notice so feeling a bit rushed. I would have installed my home charger mid April but honestly didn’t believe they would deliver before end of May

I finally have a VIN! After not even being able to see is_vin_assigned on my order, I received an SMS and final contract today and the VIN is in the source code (it wasn't there last night).

Queensland, MYRWD, red, white interior, 19 inch Gemini wheels.
Ordered 28/10/2022
Build date 21/04/2023
VIN assigned today 26/04/2023
Delivery estimate: May 08-29

For those who read me checking the details of my UMC, which came with tails marked 8A and 12A and a CCS Combo Adaptor, Tesla have told me that they are shipping some 10A/15A UMCs, usually those that are included with the car. The rest are 8A/12A and mine just had the CCS Combo Adaptor by mistake.
What a shame that they have lowered the rating of the tails. They have offered to take the Adaptor back, but I am tempted to sell it to fund a 32A tail so that I can get a 32A socket installed and charge at 7kW!

Last edited:
If they are on Turandot, no idea why Tesla could give us EDD earlier than the arrival

Also, anyone used CITA smart 7 charger? if yes, any review?

Or any other recommendation? Since I need to find a charger that could track the electric usage for novated lease.
Why do you need to track energy usage for novated lease? I thought the ATO had issued a cents-per-kilometre rate for dealing with FBT reporting on EVs.

When does it reach Melbourne
10th of May according to Armacup.. Although that date is likely to push out. The Model 3 I just picked up pushed out 3 weeks :(
Was hoping my Model Y make this ship. No VIN so probably another few months :( Always great people order months after you get a VIN :)

Nothing on the Mirrat schedule for Turandot yet

Picked up my Y RWD today. Little bit of a palava in the lead up with me not getting the final invoice until 20/04. If you havent got your final invoice within about 3 or 4 days of scheduling your delivery appointment give them a call, I left it and mine had slipped through the cracks. Also with their processing backlog the automated messaging system is a little out of whack with SMS saying to do stuff coming after they have been done.

Got a good long first drive home from Chatswood to Newcastle the 1 pedal driving was surprisingly easy to get used to. The indicators being on the other stalk compared to my CX5 may take a bit more to retrain.

Loved the drive home, now I just need the wall charger to be delivered and out sparky to install it :)