Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was really curious today (read: lame) and I emailed the shipping service that is dealing with Glovis Caravel - Inchcape. Was helpful to know it just hasn't been forgotten about HAHA.
"Currently no fixed schedule but the hope would be later this week. At the moment we are liasing with Dept. of Agriculture and following a plan to resolve the issues on the vessel relating to the pests,

This will take at least a few days time and then hopefully she can discharge Brisbane cargo."

So when I got my text on Thursday to say delivery was approaching (Morning Cello had unloaded in Melbourne), my EDD was 27 Nov to 18 Dec.... just checked and it's moved up a week to 20 Nov - 11 Dec... I'm still hoping to get it sooner, but at least it shows that the port closure hasn't had much of an effect (so far).
Wow... just wow... literally 2 minutes after I posted this I got my delivery text... will now be picking up the car on 21 November 😁 Needless to say, I'm super excited...

1699860063582.png

I spoke with Tesla and they said cars on the Glovis Caravel and those living in Sydney are getting it delivered at the end of the EDD, the stinkbug issue should be resolved in a few and should be in Port Kembla before the 25th, if not, they might recall the ship back to Shangai and send us the HW4 version (hoping that ship doesnt get infested with sthink bugs)
Thanks for that info. Hopefully we actually get it before Christmas. If the latter happens, and ship gets sent back, wondering if we still keep the same price and stamp duty concessions as it will be a different car and delivery in the new year.

Reactions: MrMister
It's a long story that I have told before in this thread, but the car was delivered to my house. It is very hard to do anything after the truck leaves, and as I said, Tesla didn't care. From previous people's descriptions, I had expected to be able to check the car and let them know about any problems, and that they would take appropriate action. From their point of view, and they may be right for all I know, the damage was done by the transporter. Therefore they don't care. I wasn't willing to take them to small claims court over it. It's a good warning that you should take delivery at a delivery centre and check everything before accepting delivery. Or just buy a different brand of car.
Really disappointing for you… certainly hope my experience is not that bad. I plan to check it all over using the many checklists available, and if it doesn’t pass, I don’t accept. No excuse for poor quality- these are not cheap cars!

Here's a question I've been mulling over, and was wondering if anyone else has thought about. Given that the Tesla has an awesome sound system, what's going to be the first song you blast out as you drive away from your express delivery appointment?
Nothing!

I’ll be wanting to listen out for any problems/rattles etc so I can get them sorted quickly (hopefully there are none!)… then I’ll unleash the sound system… my library is so far out of date, I think I’ll just do some random and see what comes up… and do next,next,next until I hear something I like 😀

Reactions: MrMister and Boldar
Thanks for that info. Hopefully we actually get it before Christmas. If the latter happens, and ship gets sent back, wondering if we still keep the same price and stamp duty concessions as it will be a different car and delivery in the new year.
it is almost definite we will receive our cars by Christmas, fumigation is currently in its last steps, inspection is happening this week so we should be seeing the "your tesla has arrived in australia" sms very soon

going to take my delivery this weekend, what's the delivery checklist that everyone is now using? thanks.
I’ll be using both of these… the first as tick box as I go over it, and the second to double check I’ve done everything :)

I don’t care about “Express” … it’ll take as long as it takes!

Delivery and Inspection Checklist for Tesla Model 3 and Model Y

Same question here. RACV quoted me about $2k/yr for my MYLR. And I'm old!
They all sting you because it’s different!

I’m doing mine through the leasing company.. they used to use Allianz but just switched to Vero.. have better coverage (eg 3 years new for old)… it’s about $2.5k (LR)… but it comes out pre-tax so will end up costing me less in real terms.

I’m in Altona North and I just got a 3.5k quote from RACV lol
View attachment 990271
wow, how come my quote is doubled yours, am I happened to live in a terrible suburb insurance wise?
It does happen and it’s all actuarial algorithms…

About 15 years back (yes I’m old!) my insurance doubled in one year with the same insurer. I rang up and was told it came down to the street I lived in, as if I picked the address the next block down it was the same old price… but I hadn’t moved!! Neither did they on price so I went to another company.

It can be as simple as they’ve had higher claims in that area over the least year, so they’re trying to make their money back.