Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did it take for your order in these last step to get a delivery sms and time ?
I never received an SMS throughout the entire process. Various SA rang me. I found the process seamless, unintuitive. I took the attitude that it would get here whenever Tesla wanted it to. The SA know less than us, at least we have group talk on the socials.

It took a week after the car was unloaded in Port Kembla, for it to appear on RAV. Then it was trucked to Brisbane, stored at the Port of Brisbane holding yard, then when predelivery was scheduled, it was trucked into Hendra and I picked it up the next day. This whole process took over two weeks from seeing it appear on RAV. Because they are literally pumping them through like sausages, the staff are fatigued and are over it. Mine had a fair bit of orange Peel" in the paint and a few blemishes that my Detailer picked up prior to ceramic coating it. Tesla take the attitude if you cannot see it a metre from the car, they are not interested in fixing it. That's the old GMH attitude I know and hate. I used to be a GMH dealer service manager many years ago.

The Tesla delivery process is slick and shithouse at the same time. It would be barely acceptable if I was spending <$20k.

I never received an SMS throughout the entire process. Various SA rang me. I found the process seamless, unintuitive. I took the attitude that it would get here whenever Tesla wanted it to. The SA know less than us, at least we have group talk on the socials.

It took a week after the car was unloaded in Port Kembla, for it to appear on RAV. Then it was trucked to Brisbane, stored at the Port of Brisbane holding yard, then when predelivery was scheduled, it was trucked into Hendra and I picked it up the next day. This whole process took over two weeks from seeing it appear on RAV. Because they are literally pumping them through like sausages, the staff are fatigued and are over it. Mine had a fair bit of orange Peel" in the paint and a few blemishes that my Detailer picked up prior to ceramic coating it. Tesla take the attitude if you cannot see it a metre from the car, they are not interested in fixing it. That's the old GMH attitude I know and hate. I used to be a GMH dealer service manager many years ago.

The Tesla delivery process is slick and shithouse at the same time. It would be barely acceptable if I was spending <$20k.
Thanks for that , makes sense !

Mine turned up in RAV last monday 10th October . EDD moved on Sunday from 14th - 28th Oct to 24th Oct to 7 Nov. This post has helped explain a lot !
Thanks for the details, still excited but also anxious for the sms to or a call from an SA haha !