Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awaiting these guys to ship to Oz. Yes, relatively expensive. Not something you get from AliExpress. Technically this belongs in the Accessories post thread....

Finally got my invoice. No text to book a pickup yet. EDD still shows Oct 19 - Nov 2 but staff told me to expect it more Nov rather than sooner.
Guess we are on the same boat (at least our cars are)!!! Got the invoice as well. Submitted the Rego docs yesterday. Awaiting for my finances to come through. Looks like a Nov delivery which is a shame. Would have loved to get it sooner...

I can see my VIN now reflected in the RAV database
Does this mean my car is now registered in AU?
They are two different databases.

RAV is Federal Govt and confirms your car was built to comply with Australian regulations, and is "in Australia" (where "in Australia" apparently includes being on a ship in between Australian ports)

It replaces the physical "compliance plate" vehicles used to come with

VIC Roads registration (and those of other states & territories) is a matter for the state / territory governments, and typically Tesla won't register the car until a day before pick-up - to reduce the number of complaints from people who would otherwise have to renew a few days early in 12 months' time.

• Informative
Reactions: fvb14
Awaiting these guys to ship to Oz. Yes, relatively expensive. Not something you get from AliExpress. Technically this belongs in the Accessories post thread....

Might be easier to get them re-done locally by an automotive upholsterer ? Assuming they just ship the skins and you still need to get them fitted. I had these done on a previous car (Melbourne)

Attachments

• 4AA4F8E2-9A85-4AE8-8FCB-85C8AFE20C17.jpeg
    4AA4F8E2-9A85-4AE8-8FCB-85C8AFE20C17.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 83388A4B-57CA-4C5B-B7DE-E068AEBD6721.jpeg
    83388A4B-57CA-4C5B-B7DE-E068AEBD6721.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 39
  • B5AE82A4-1ED4-472D-A840-93AEA7D6D5C0.jpeg
    B5AE82A4-1ED4-472D-A840-93AEA7D6D5C0.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Helpful
Reactions: Ottmeister