Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah if our RAV doesn’t pop up by tomorrow night I’m getting worried.
Do you need a VIN prior to getting a RAV?

Also have Telsa Vin finder extension on Tesla account page but mentions VIN not found. I have looked at source code and understand VIN may {?} be hidden within source page under 'my account' - if so what does it look like? How many characters in a VIN?

Hope someone can shed some light 💡

Also have Telsa Vin finder extension on Tesla account page but mentions VIN not found. I have looked at source code and understand VIN may {?} be hidden within source page under 'my account' - if so what does it look like? How many characters in a VIN?

Yeah you need a VIN to check if said VIN is in the RAV system.
If the chrome extension doesn’t detect the VIN when you access your order page (the actual car reservation page) then it’s not hidden, you simply don’t have it yet.
Hidden VIN means that it’s in the source code so that the extension can find it, but you hardly would manually.

Reactions: JNTOZ
If the Chrome extension doesn't find it, it's unlikely to be in your source code as that's where the extension looks for it.

Of course that doesn't stop me from manually checking in addition to the Tesla VIN Finder extension, many times per day

The VIN will have 17 characters starting with LRW and will be found in the source code for your car's "manage" page, not the main dashboard.

Still find it nuts we’ve seen nothing in WA this quarter still, legit think they’ve seen we are further ahead then the east so instead of increasing production there they’ve just cut our portion of the production.

Anyway I won’t go to detailed into it but Swift ace and marguerite ace are still underway. If these have any vins tomorrow is probably their last chance to show it otherwise I’d write them off.

Swallow ace docked in Perth yesterday and it was a NAPEX vessel which teslas seem to love but we were neglected. The next one of them pulls into Shanghai this weekend so that would be the next probably candidate but we wouldn’t see vins until late next week from that. That ones called mermaid ace. If mermaid ace is this quarters only carrier, it will only make it to Perth by end of March if it continues to Perth after Singapore however noting the delay between unloading and deliveries, early April is most likely.

Perth delivery centre is going to have a quiet March.
I wonder how long it will take for WA to end up like the Model 3 backlog on the east coast. You'll be waiting 12 months for a car at this rate!

Do you have your invoice yet? If so, it will be on the invoice.

Do you have your invoice yet? If so, it will be on the invoice.
Normally the order of things is:
-EDD change from months range to days range
-Hidden VIN discoverable via Chrome extension
-Updated balance to pay appears in order page
-Final invoice is issued with VIN and ODO
-RAV is updated with VIN when ship approaches first dock in Australia
-EDD gets updated with more accurate date
-A pick up date is offered for selection

In between those steps various SMS and emails will come through from Tesla but almost never in perfect sync with the actual events…

Reactions: singo79
Normally the order of things is:
-EDD change from months range to days range
-Hidden VIN discoverable via Chrome extension
-Updated balance to pay appears in order page
-Final invoice is issued with VIN and ODO
-RAV is updated with VIN when ship approaches first dock in Australia
-EDD gets updated with more accurate date
-A pick up date is offered for selection

In between those steps various SMS and emails will come through from Tesla but almost never in perfect sync with the actual events…I have th

BREAKING NEWS 😂:
It appears Viking Passama has already docked today and unloading cars!
1676351226868.png

My only worry is my VIN is still not in the RAV…