Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "End of Quarter" Waiting Room / Buying Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a MYP on order delivery end of quarter but I noticed that in the same region (socal) the same exact car i ordered is available "in inventory". Has anyone been able to switch the cars out to take delivery earlier? I've already contacted Tesla thru app on other issues and am basically just getting half hearted answers which is expected due to layoffs/end of quarter rush

Got a MYP on order delivery end of quarter but I noticed that in the same region (socal) the same exact car i ordered is available "in inventory". Has anyone been able to switch the cars out to take delivery earlier? I've already contacted Tesla thru app on other issues and am basically just getting half hearted answers which is expected due to layoffs/end of quarter rush
Call their sales number and talk to a human. They can absolutely reassign your order to a different VIN.

Reactions: ReversePolarity
My first Model S was financed for 78 months at 2.25% in 2016. That was at least two points below the prevailing prime rate at the time - they’ve absolutely done rate buy downs before.
Would that not be 8 years ago?

I know they used to have finance promotions but don't recall seeing once since the debut of the Model 3 ; until May 2024.
Possibly on the X and S they did.

Would that not be 8 years ago?
I admit to missing the “7 years” part of your post, so my bad on that. “7 years” and “never” in the same sentence clearly shorted my brain.

Although I don’t think I can say with any level of certainty that I was the last one… certainly wouldn’t surprise me if there were more in the years after. They were more quiet about it then, generally only showed up in the small print and wasn’t blasted out as a major promotion.

I admit to missing the “7 years” part of your post, so my bad on that. “7 years” and “never” in the same sentence clearly shorted my brain.

Although I don’t think I can say with any level of certainty that I was the last one… certainly wouldn’t surprise me if there were more in the years after. They were more quiet about it then, generally only showed up in the small print and wasn’t blasted out as a major promotion.
Tesla’s EVs still have great financing deals compared to rivals, even with recent price increases The internet is an amazing thing, lol.

Reactions: ucmndd
Call their sales number and talk to a human. They can absolutely reassign your order to a different VIN.

Sales number kept disconnecting so I drove down the street to the SC that had the exact configuration in inventory. They did not immediately assign the VIN to me, reason being that the financing did not get approved yet. Santander pulled my credit a week ago and my credit score is >800 but my 2021 MYP is still showing (paid off not updated yet). I was told there is a "case" that is opened so we'll see what happens...

Even though Tesla Model Y LR is eligible for the full $7500 federal rebate, I saw this on my local SC's site: So much for Q2 discounts.
1719191915235.png

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Even though Tesla Model Y LR is eligible for the full $7500 federal rebate, I saw this on my local SC's site: So much for Q2 discounts.
I've noticed this as well, seems like if you're in a rush and want the tax incentive you're probably going to need to get a demo model. The rebate does still qualify on new order vehicles, but who knows how long of a wait it will be. My guess would be the 0.99% financing was quite successful and it's going to be awhile until production ramps back up on the Y.

Reactions: Royal27
View attachment 1059167
Yes, this is the AWD-I (EPA test doc) which is well known at this point. It’s most likely the LG pack. “Ineligible”

There’s likely a mix of eligible and non-eligible vehicles and this is a good way for Tesla to optimize the tax credit - there is no point in leasing vehicles with Panasonic packs or selling them to people ineligible for the credit.

So these vehicles (lease and high-income and business or whatever) can be sold with LG packs.

That way they get movement of Model 3s with eligible packs. Very optimal!

Last edited:
Reactions: ucmndd
Yes, this is the AWD-I which is well known at this point. It’s most likely the LG pack.

There’s likely a mix of eligible and non-eligible vehicles and this is a good way for Tesla to optimize the tax credit - there is no point in leasing vehicles with Panasonic packs or selling them to people ineligible for the credit.

So these vehicles (lease and high-income and business or whatever) can be sold with LG packs.

That way they get movement of Model 3s with eligible packs. Very optimal!
Seems like they’re doing exactly what we speculated in the Model 3 thread… interesting!

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life