Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "End of Quarter" Waiting Room / Buying Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe. Perhaps, before they fully refresh MY, they will introduce the ambient lighting and a few new panels similar to what has been offered in China for a while?
Right. It seems that or something similar. Seems like they are not building as many old Model Y. Probably waiting to clear out current inventory before make the changes obvious.

Again this is not Juniper, rather minor update.

Why do you say this? I don't see discounts coming until possibly end of 3rd quarter and or mid end of the year depending on how the sales #'s are coming in and the stock is holding up. The current model Y seems to have reached a bottom and Tesla is looking at other models for ways to increase sales numbers. Of course everyone's opinion here on pricing is speculative.

It's not looking good for end of quarter discounts. I hope I'm wrong, but with low inventory I don't think it's going to happen.

I think the 0.99% APR last month was the discount. Tesla probably doesn't want to cut prices with incentives in order to keep resale values stable.

Hertz is in the middle of selling their Teslas for fire-sale prices. I wouldn't be shocked if Tesla took note of this and decided to forego any price discounts to help Hertz a little.

I predict VERY SOON:
Free colors for paint OR free white interior (not both) are coming for the On the Lot cars.
Probably will have free rim upgrades as well but again will be choose 1 of the 3 possible upgrades not more.

Limited to what is unsold and on a lot or in a showroom NOT in transit or to be built cars.

Overall compared to end of Q1 will be a big disappointment to those that did not pull the trigger in May.
Most at this point will be better off waiting to see what Q3 brings I think

Reactions: ucmndd
I predict VERY SOON:
Free colors for paint OR free white interior (not both) are coming for the On the Lot cars.
Probably will have free rim upgrades as well but again will be choose 1 of the 3 possible upgrades not more.

Limited to what is unsold and on a lot or in a showroom NOT in transit or to be built cars.
Makes sense to move the last bit of available inventory and incentivize people to take an option combo that might not have been their first choice.

It’s too late for anything else.

Tesla does not give two squirts about Hertz. They won’t voluntarily forego a single potential sale to “help Hertz a little.”

Hertz was quite public about how the price cuts made operating Tesla vehicles not economical for them by cratering residual values. Then we see interest rate subsidies compared to price cuts. Correlation doesn't mean causation but burning a potential customer isn't good business.

Hertz was quite public about how the price cuts made operating Tesla vehicles not economical for them by cratering residual values. Then we see interest rate subsidies compared to price cuts. Correlation doesn't mean causation but burning a potential customer isn't good business.
Telsa for 7 years never had a finance promotion. In fact they used to make buyers get their own financing if they needed a loan.
They were very slow to recognize that some buyers make car buying decisions in less than optimal financial situations.

They tried price cuts and similar incentives to move Model Y's in Q1 but in it's last year before the Juniper refresh that was not moving the needle enough. They decided to pull the finance trigger in Q2 and by all accounts it appears to have been an incredible success!
So successful they are giving it a go to sell the new 3 highland (non-P model) which was also not moving because it did not qualify for the federal tax rebate.

To think Hertz had anything to do with that is bonkers.

Finance promotions work better than discounts especially when the buyer can use federal or state money as their down payment.

That may well be the best reason. I can't help but think that Hertz getting publicly shafted on resale values did provide some influence to go with a financing deal rather than price cut though. Unless someone spills the beans we'll never know.
Not to further get off topic but think Hertz lack of success with Tesla was completely misreading the market. Of course buying at top of market hurt the residual values but more so their renter market's willingness to go with an EV.

I own a Tesla, love driving a Telsa but every time I rent a car I usually plan to be a little more "off the grid" than I am at home - at least for part of the trip. At home I can have a full tank every morning ; on a trip the last thing I want to think about is how do I organize my time so I can make super charger stops or will I run out of range.
If me an owner has these concerns, how to you think average Joe feels?

Unless staying in a city or staying the entire trip at a hotel with a charger I will not rent an EV away from home.

I am a Hertz President's Club member and like Hertz a good amount. A couple times I have rented a Telsa on the app becuase it was renting for less than a midsize car knowing I could upgrade for free at the location to a non electric midsize, SUV, etc...

To make matters worse, when they first started with Telsa rentals were high because prospective Telsa buyers saw it as a chance to test drive the car, there was a shortage of these cars at the centers so you could not easily schedule demo drives like you can today, that was a temporarily boost and likely caused them to increase their order volume with Telsa prematurely.
Lastly many of the Telsa renters were rideshare folks absolutely abusing the cars and running up crazy mileage. For the ride share folks the lower operating costs made the Tesla rental a great option.

Add that all up and it did not work well for Hertz to go all in on Telsa vehicles as rentals.

Reactions: DBC-
I’m
I predict VERY SOON:

Overall compared to end of Q1 will be a big disappointment to those that did not pull the trigger in May.
Most at this point will be better off waiting to see what Q3 brings I think
again I wouldn’t buy the current y I think it’s ugly (only in the face) the new refresh will have better everything.