Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "End of Quarter" Waiting Room / Buying Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla likely will have some minor changes in July.

It seems there has been nothing new in the inventory for a long time, that indicates they will have minor updated (not juniper) model out soon.
Definitely possible but new inventory is trickling in still.
Was at a SC this morning and saw some new cars with 6/10/24 build date stickers which is very recent since I am in MA and those were either built in Austin or Fremont which I imagine is a 2 week process to get them from factory to MA. Those cars had no visible changes from what I could tell.
These are most likely to fulfill May orders.

Certainly feels like production has slowed on the Y this quarter.

Reactions: acpd
Was at a SC this morning and saw some new cars with 6/10/24 build date stickers which is very recent since I am in MA and those were either built in Austin or Fremont which I imagine is a 2 week process to get them from factory to MA. Those cars had no visible changes from what I could tell.

Interesting..

Most of the tax eligible inventory is demo cars. Expect something new with MY in July August.

Has anyone made the assumption that inventory hasn’t bounced back because they are retooling the production lines for the improved model y? They are selling off what they have but are focused on the transition? Elon said no to 2025 so now I think yes to 2024. Especially by November at latest in case of tax law changes in 2025

Reactions: redpoint5
Has anyone made the assumption that inventory hasn’t bounced back because they are retooling the production lines for the improved model y? They are selling off what they have but are focused on the transition? Elon said no to 2025 so now I think yes to 2024. Especially by November at latest in case of tax law changes in 2025

It's likely the revised Model Y with ambient lighting etc. that's already out in Asia. Someone posted a spyshot a month or two ago of one of these on the ground in the US. Just something to hold us over until Juniper.

Reactions: acpd
It's likely the revised Model Y with ambient lighting etc. that's already out in Asia. Someone posted a spyshot a month or two ago of one of these on the ground in the US. Just something to hold us over until Juniper.
Not doubting this BUT did they actually see the interior or just have an image of a Y with dark gemini wheels months back and assume it had the other changes too?
In China the dark gemini wheels and the interior changes came at the same time so would have been an easy assumption to make before the dark gemini became available here.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The time to retool is when demand is low and inventory is high.

Reactions: tesluv108
Finally seeing 2,000 discounts on a few inventory cars. A black and blue awd lr. Nothing on performance
IMG_6132.jpeg

Reactions: henrymax
Well I bit the bullet, was waiting patiently for Juniper but being Elon allows FSD transfers once again plus we still have $5000 federal rebate and 7000 provincial that adds up to $23,000 in rebates. (This is in Quebec, Canada) We went for a test drive in a 2024 MY and must say it is not comparable to our 2020 in terms of suspension and overall solidity. So much has been done beneath the skin it is difficult to mention it all. Regardless, after the drive we pulled the trigger and traded in our previous 2020 to Tesla. Botton line it cost us around $22,000 CAD to upgrade which is hard to refuse. The provincial incentives are being halved in 25 and there is talk of the Federal being eliminated come Feb 25 and most likely no more FSD transfer. Just too much on the table to let it go. picking her up tomorrow. Ultra red on black, hitch, FSD transfer, and the newer dark grey 19" wheels.

Last edited: