Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW

Melbourne. Ordered 10th June 4.00pm-ish
MYP. Blue w/black interior.
Vin assigned. EDD Feb 26 - Mar 19.

Suppose car could be on Paglia currently stuck off coast of Port Kembla doing laps.
How absolutely frustrating for RORO companies trying to do things economically.
Ok 4pm, that’s the latest I’ve seen. I wonder if it was a cancellation reassignment to you. Did you get the vin on the same day as others ?

You order MYP ? Cutoff for day 1 (10 June) seems to be around 12noon , I can’t recall any one with a VIN stating a later order time .. it’s unclear now when the next batch of MYP will be .. if anything like MY rwd, there are still people waiting on June/July orders .. seems if you miss that first wave the waiting game can go on and on.. hopefully another batch was made in the last couple of weeks of Feb before they move the focus to local supply .. then if so you might get it in April.. March is gone given the shipping delays and issues.
Yup. I think RWD is also still stuck sometime in the PM of Day 1 orders. I tried to pulse this on the forum earlier but didn't really get traction. Bit frustrating but agree that if you don't have a VIN and barring any exceptions, the earliest you are looking at is now in April to take possession. Please anyone correct me if you think differently on RWD orders.

Reactions: krylonos
Your vin just got assigned?
You might be one of the first after 1pm!
Got assigned 3 days ago.
Got follow up sms's & emails asking for payments.
Currently half way thru daily 6x daily bank limit transfers.
Tesla account is showing my payments received fairly quickly - quite streamlined and logical process so far.

Now for insurance... would love to hear what prices (approx) people are paying or being quoted for MYP's.

Reactions: Way Downunder
Yup. I think RWD is also still stuck sometime in the PM of Day 1 orders. I tried to pulse this on the forum earlier but didn't really get traction. Bit frustrating but agree that if you don't have a VIN and barring any exceptions, the earliest you are looking at is now in April to take possession. Please anyone correct me if you think differently on RWD orders.
Rwd have some orders from Nov/Dec being delivered while others from June still wait. No logic to any of it .. if still waiting for a VIN and something pops up in inventory that’s your best chance it getting a car that actually exists

Got assigned 3 days ago.
Got follow up sms's & emails asking for payments.
Currently half way thru daily 6x daily bank limit transfers.
Tesla account is showing my payments received fairly quickly - quite streamlined and logical process so far.

Now for insurance... would love to hear what prices (approx) people are paying or being quoted for MYP's.
If you just got the vin I suspect you picked up someone else’s cancellation.. check the build date on your invoice , the 1st batch were build around 12th Jan

Rwd have some orders from Nov/Dec being delivered while others from June still wait. No logic to any of it .. if still waiting for a VIN and something pops up in inventory that’s your best chance it getting a car that actually exists
The ones from Nov/ Dec that got delivered were either cancellations that just so happened to be next in queue (luck of the draw) or location specific (i.e WA). East Coast broadly still waiting if you're a mid PM order Day 1 and after.

Reactions: Robbo_707