Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon everyone. Two questions for MY RWD watchers out there:

1. What's the latest on RWD VIN assignments - any more batches that anyone is aware of for east coast deliveries?
2. Tesla advisors seem pretty certain that we are broadly past Day 1 orders now (all AM and PM). They freely admit they are not told everything but they don't seem to be too uncomfortable with the idea of everyone in Feb-May getting their car in that promised timeframe. What sense is there from people on the forum here on their confidence? Misplaced or generally to be trusted?

1. What's the latest on RWD VIN assignments - any more batches that anyone is aware of for east coast deliveries?
2. Tesla advisors seem pretty certain that we are broadly past Day 1 orders now (all AM and PM). They freely admit they are not told everything but they don't seem to be too uncomfortable with the idea of everyone in Feb-May getting their car in that promised timeframe. What sense is there from people on the forum here on their confidence? Misplaced or generally to be trusted?
1: Haven't heard much noise about RWD VIN assignments but for 2: Supremely confident.

There is a few options for east coast vins to still be assigned this month for March arrivals:
1. One is a possible/maybe charter ship
2. is Armacup Paganella but it's on a circuitous route via Japan and only stops in Brisbane but does have a transfer ship lined up to do PK and Melbourne. It left Shanghai around 14th so only an option if it's doing vin assignment during journey
3. is Armacup Turandot which is pick up Shanghai around today and goes straight to east coast ports
4. is Armacup Morning Crystal which is pick up Shanghai 24/2 and then does the Japan, Brisbane then transfer ships

I have my money on option 1 plus Turandot. Which would be vin drops sometime this week and should be quite a few cars. Then of course there is still April and May and more and more ships

Reactions: Elite Display
Yeah their the standard ones that usually have small - medium batches on board.

Grande Mirafiori is heading to Brisbane atm from Shanghai. I’d expect vins off her an a couple days so second half of the week.
ohh yeah, almost forgot about Grande Mirafiori, thanks for that. I hope you're right about the VINs
Are there any similar to her?

There is a few options for east coast vins to still be assigned this month for March arrivals:
1. One is a possible/maybe charter ship
2. is Armacup Paganella but it's on a circuitous route via Japan and only stops in Brisbane but does have a transfer ship lined up to do PK and Melbourne. It left Shanghai around 14th so only an option if it's doing vin assignment during journey
3. is Armacup Turandot which is pick up Shanghai around today and goes straight to east coast ports
4. is Armacup Morning Crystal which is pick up Shanghai 24/2 and then does the Japan, Brisbane then transfer ships

I have my money on option 1 plus Turandot. Which would be vin drops sometime this week and should be quite a few cars. Then of course there is still April and May and more and more ships
2. Paganella is stopping by Auckland before it comes to Brisbane.
4. Same with Morning Crystal.

and as Dannerz just reminded me 5.: Grande Mirafiori due to arrive in Brisbane on 28/02

Last edited:
ohh yeah, almost forgot about Grande Mirafiori, thanks for that. I hope you're right about the VINs
Are there any similar to her?

2. Paganella is stopping by Auckland before it comes to Brisbane.
4. Same with Morning Crystal.

and as Dannerz just reminded me 5.: Grande Mirafiori due to arrive in Brisbane on 28/02

Yes so Grande Mirafiori is my option 1 and as I mentioned Paganella and Morning Crystal are possible but unlikely. So my money is on Grande Mirafiori and Turandot to be the next 2 ships then we need to see more of the Armacup schedule be released to see what's after

Reactions: Elite Display
Haha. Mine has change again too. Beginning of the day it was 23/3-13/4. This morning after moving back to Alexandria it became 24/2-17/3. Now it’s become 22/2-15/3, where it was last week. I’m really just wanting to give the buyer of my car a little more certainty as to when they need to pay me.

Anyone here with a Chatswood pickup still?