Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t had too much time to research this week but I’ll be back to look more into it next week.

So we’ve had mermaid ace confirmed as the one west coast ship for this quarter which is short of the three that the west coast had by this time last quarter. Next opportunity for the west is lake Geneva and euphony ace on the 17th and 28th or March respectively with deliveries from late April to early May.

East coast seems to have had what I’m assuming was the grande Mirafiori vins assigned yesterday and I’d dare say that’s it from her. Turandot (armacup boy) is currently alongside Shanghai and coming direct back to the east. Expect vins outta her maybe late this week but more likely Monday. The grande vins being so early threw me off a bit, it’s been a while since we’ve seen vins assigned earlier in the voyage. Anyway think the Turandot deliveries will get pushed into April thanks to the deliveries of grande first. Don Juan being another armacup boy would be next with deliveries late April going into May most likely.

I don’t think we will see anything like a big charter now until the next export period starting in April but to make these EDD’s of May it’s going to have to be early in April with the biggest issue being delivery centres piling up. Not looking good in my opinion for the May deadline for a lot of people. WA might be the only place that meets the deadlines if they decide to actually ship more than 100 cars next quarter to it.

Thanks for listening again to my Ted talk
If they're not going to be big charters then why send so many ships? Just half-fill them or ride share with other car companies?

If they're not going to be big charters then why send so many ships? Just half-fill them or ride share with other car companies?

Ships are never half full. All the Armacup ships are shared with other car manufacturers. A charter ship will generally be from another shipping company when Tesla look at the schedule and there isn't enough Armacup ships or they want to send a big batch.
The Armacup schedule is going to suffer with Viking Passima and Paglia delayed here in Oz and not being able to leave our waters and get back to other routes.

Ships are never half full. All the Armacup ships are shared with other car manufacturers. A charter ship will generally be from another shipping company when Tesla look at the schedule and there isn't enough Armacup ships or they want to send a big batch.
The Armacup schedule is going to suffer with Viking Passima and Paglia delayed here in Oz and not being able to leave our waters and get back to other routes.
Seems like the delays are for Sydney and Melbourne ports only. (Selfishly) Pretty glad the Brisbane port seems to be doing okay and they unload there first most of the time.
Problem for Perth as well if they happen to use a transfer ship from Melbourne :(