Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhap they could create a service pontoon for cases like this and make the dodgy ships pay for shunting repair team’s & equipment to pontoon. As it is poorly serviced ships just end up costing the ships behind them
You are right perhaps another dock somewhere as a service dock not a car unload facility, drag it out of the way until it can move itself. Probably reasons why not but still a good approach.

My final invoice popped up in the last hour. It contains my VIN, and it was the same as my hidden VIN. Build date 31/1/23. Y RWD White.

EDD still 17-31 March, no final date yet.
Will be interesting if you get new softer suspension? Understand ( based on interpretation) those built ‘from’ Jan 23 have new suspension. Fingers crossed yours may have??

My final invoice popped up in the last hour. It contains my VIN, and it was the same as my hidden VIN. Build date 31/1/23. Y RWD White.

EDD still 17-31 March, no final date yet.
A previous post stated that MYRWD built after January 2023 will have the new comfort suspension. So I wonder if your car has the new comfort suspension as it was built in January and not AFTER.

my car build date is 12/1/23 and car on paglia( Melbourne)… below is the text from agent when i asked this question.

“Model Y Performance will come with comfort suspension. No updates regarding delivery. The best information to go off is the estimated delivery date shown on your Tesla App or Account. Please note this date is subject to change.”

Actually if you read up on this online it says MY's build from 1 January have them. But if someone knows how to check them I'll have a look when I get my car.
I haven't seen any confirmation online what part numbers the RWD "comfort suspension" should have.

For the Model Y Performance the part numbers for "comfort" dampers have been confirmed to be:

Rear: 1188465-00-F
Right Front: 1188376-00-F
Left Front: 1188371-00-F

And I've seen photos of a Qld delivered MYP with the -F part numbers, confirming we get the upgrade.

Tesla's online parts catalog shows there were -E variants of these as well, eg 1188465-00-E for the rear dampers (DM Perf)
But I only see one variant for each of the RWD (1188464-00-B) and LR (1188463-00-E) models for the rear dampers.

1677885951794.png

And two variants for the front, eg 1188364-00-C vs 1188365-00-B for the front left damper.

1677886554487.png

E1 vs E3 seems to have something to do with battery pack size but going from the table in that post our RWD should be E2 (62 kWh) 🤷‍♂️

my car build date is 12/1/23 and car on paglia( Melbourne)… below is the text from agent when i asked this question.

“Model Y Performance will come with comfort suspension. No updates regarding delivery. The best information to go off is the estimated delivery date shown on your Tesla App or Account. Please note this date is subject to change.”
2023 Performance models already confirmed to have the comfort suspension. These guys posting now though are asking about the RWD cars for 2023 ex-Shanghai and when or if this will be fitted. Good luck with Paglia, think my car must be on Turandot.

A previous post stated that MYRWD built after January 2023 will have the new comfort suspension. So I wonder if your car has the new comfort suspension as it was built in January and not AFTER.

BySimon Alvarez
Posted on February 28, 2023
As it turns out, Tesla China has been quietly rolling out improvements to the Giga Shanghai-made Model Y. For about two months now, Model Y units produced at Giga Shanghai have been fitted with an upgraded suspension system.
As noted by the company in a post on local Chinese social media platform Weibo, the Model Y’s suspension has been improved to make the vehicle’s ride more comfortable. This was accomplished by optimizing the elastic and damping components in the Model Y suspension system.
With the improvements in place, the Model Y’s suspension would be able to reduce bumps at low speeds and enable a more stable ride at high speeds. Model Y units produced at Giga Shanghai since January 1, 2023 have been fitted with the new suspension system. See:Tesla China quietly updates Model Y suspension for more comfort, stability
Actually if you read up on this online it says MY's build from 1 January have them. But if someone knows how to check them I'll have a look when I get my car.

My MYP, midnight silver, ordered 24-Sep-2022, is showing signs of life. Trading in my 2019 M3P "stealth". Waiting to see VIN. Waiting to see if there is the new hi-def radar. Waiting to see if there are ultra-sonic sensors on the bumpers. Waiting to see suspension tweaks. Waiting to see if new driving hardware.

Still on the fence as to whether I will proceed with order or not.
It will have uSS and comfort suspension - saw them in Tesla- miranda last week. My VIN not there yet :-(

I placed my order originally in July 2022. I have a invoice available from November 2022 with a VIN number, built date of 2022. I requested a small change (20inch wheel back to 19inch wheel). I was asked to make payment but they haven't got me a exact delivery date yet. ETA delivery date is still Feb-May 2023. will I get the car with the exact VIN number that is on my invoice ?even thought i have to wait that long?