Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order originally in July 2022. I have a invoice available from November 2022 with a VIN number, built date of 2022. I requested a small change (20inch wheel back to 19inch wheel). I was asked to make payment but they haven't got me a exact delivery date yet. ETA delivery date is still Feb-May 2023. will I get the car with the exact VIN number that is on my invoice ?even thought i have to wait that long?

I'd think no. If you changed your wheels after having a car assigned to you that car was already built so they will need to assign a new car to you which will have another VIN. Hopefully it won't take too long for a new car to be built that has your new specification and assigned to you

I’m fighting the urge to swap RWD for Performance...one of the ones in inventory. Someone talk me out of it!
stick with RWD, if you are only switching for the acceleration and range. MYP is better in both respects but let’s face it - most of the time you don’t need it. But, if you really want an AWD and can’t wait for long range to eventually arrive in Australia and think it’s worth paying the extra $30k+, then make the switch. Just my 2c

Reactions: brend0s
Next week contains Mar 8th, the first of the possible EDD range dates for my Syd order. May this be the week I receive contact despite what online shipping manifests may suggest! Mar 8'ers in Syd, our moment is nigh!
Right there with you Krylonos! It has been a looong journey since our June 17 orders. Look fwd to the sound of the indicator click clack click clack as one takes delivery and enters the road in Alexandria Sydney for many many electric kilometres.

Reactions: krylonos
stick with RWD, if you are only switching for the acceleration and range. MYP is better in both respects but let’s face it - most of the time you don’t need it. But, if you really want an AWD and can’t wait for long range to eventually arrive in Australia and think it’s worth paying the extra $30k+, then make the switch. Just my 2c
Likely to sell RWD when/if MY long range comes to Oz and purchase this. Perhaps they will keep current 2 spec offering of MY in Oz until 2024 project Juniper update is released?

Has this already been posted here? Tesla discounts new inventory vehicles in Europe by up to 7%

Tesla started discounting inventory vehicles in Europe by up to 7%. But just like in here, they're all MYP's.

Will the discounts come down under?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The discount was not consistent or on new orders but on excess incoming cars arriving from China. There is so much click bait articles based on so little information it's annoying these days.

Discounts are unlikely to happen here until they are confident that there is excess cars they need/want to move quickly. The current inventory cars haven't arrived yet in most cases and are no burden to carry for awhile when they do.