Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next week contains Mar 8th, the first of the possible EDD range dates for my Syd order. May this be the week I receive contact despite what online shipping manifests may suggest! Mar 8'ers in Syd, our moment is nigh!
This time next Sunday... Paglia meets it's destiny. Time to start counting down the days for a small group of us here. The excitement building again after a significant test to our patience/sanity 🤙😎
Right there with you Krylonos! It has been a looong journey since our June 17 orders. Look fwd to the sound of the indicator click clack click clack as one takes delivery and enters the road in Alexandria Sydney for many many electric kilometres.
Just recently found this group. I also got EDD mar 8-29 SYD. Do you guys see your Vin in the RAV when you search it? Thanks
Right there with you Krylonos! It has been a looong journey since our June 17 orders. Look fwd to the sound of the indicator click clack click clack as one takes delivery and enters the road in Alexandria Sydney for many many electric kilometres.
Hi I also have an EDD Mar 8-29 Syd. Just wondering if you guys can see your VIN when you search it in RAV? Thanks

Quick update:
Grande Mirafiori and Turandot have arrived in Brisbane.
Have VINs been assigned for the vehicles on these two ships yet?

Yes they would have been assigned on Feb 20th when there was that big flurry released.
Fingers crossed now for some cancellations which tends to happen once they get here.

PS they have arrived but not arrived. They are offshore still at the waiting point and you need to wait for them to say they are at Brisbane not Brisbane Anchorage

This would mean some of the VINs were assigned BEFORE Turandot even left Shanghai.

That is correct. They can be assigned at the factory but more commonly they have even assigned whilst on the voyage.
From recollection of people's invoices these cars were built around the 10-12th of Feb so it still lines up with the possibility of being factory assigned on 20th and being loaded onto Turandot on 22nd.

• Informative
Reactions: Elite Display
That is correct. They can be assigned at the factory but more commonly they have even assigned whilst on the voyage.
From recollection of people's invoices these cars were built around the 10-12th of Feb so it still lines up with the possibility of being factory assigned on 20th and being loaded onto Turandot on 22nd.
There was a bunch assigned for build dates: mid-to-end of Jan, these would've been on Paglia and VP then yeah?

Just recently found this group. I also got EDD mar 8-29 SYD. Do you guys see your Vin in the RAV when you search it? Thanks

Hi I also have an EDD Mar 8-29 Syd. Just wondering if you guys can see your VIN when you search it in RAV? Thanks
No vin with RAV afraid - think has to do with range of factors including close to port/custom clearance etc… Someone gave more comprehensive answer in forum a week or two ago.

"Tesla and Ford have now decided to charter their own vessels to avoid contamination and quarantine from rival vehicles."
Probably good news going forward.

I don't think that is necessarily correct and is a nuanced phrase that was uttered when the port chaos started and has been written slightly different each time.

I believe one of the original sentence was "Some car companies – such as Tesla and Ford – have in recent months chartered their own vessels to ensure their cars are not quarantined due to pest detections on rival vehicles on the same vessel." from Feb 8th Total ship show: Quarantine crisis deepens, 60,000 new cars stuck at sea and ports

Which is technically true they have chartered some vessels but that might have also been to do with other reasons such as ship availability. I think I have counted 3-4 chartered ships outside of the Armacup and Mol Ace traditional ships since June last year. The majority of cars are still likely to come on Armacup and Mol Ace which are shared brand ships.

"Tesla and Ford have now decided to charter their own vessels to avoid contamination and quarantine from rival vehicles."
Probably good news going forward.
"Apparently, wait times at exporting countries are leading to contamination exposure. Cars stored outside on grass are vulnerable to insect invasion, and seed contamination creates a biohazard that threatens Australian agriculture. It takes 24 hours working three shifts to unload a vessel carrying 3000 new cars — approximately 125 new cars per hour. But it takes a quarantine cleaning team 10 times as long to thoroughly check the cars — that’s 9 cars per hour. The cleaning teams are currently only working during business hours."

It all makes sense now. Really good read, thanks for the link.

Reactions: cable126
"Apparently, wait times at exporting countries are leading to contamination exposure. Cars stored outside on grass are vulnerable to insect invasion, and seed contamination creates a biohazard that threatens Australian agriculture. It takes 24 hours working three shifts to unload a vessel carrying 3000 new cars — approximately 125 new cars per hour. But it takes a quarantine cleaning team 10 times as long to thoroughly check the cars — that’s 9 cars per hour. The cleaning teams are currently only working during business hours."

It all makes sense now. Really good read, thanks for the link.
Australia is unique compared to many other nations due to its strict quarantine and customs. As far as I am aware Tesla vehicles from Shanghai are on concrete/hard surface during dispatch/on boarding. It would make sense and mitigate risk to ensure contamination factors (storing vehicles on fields/grass) are separated (wonder how many manufacturers use grass/field storage - likely nill.)I would imagine that these bio hazard risk factors are carefully considered as having just one vehicle on board has potential to cross contaminate. Same applies for fires on board - one car of tightly packed roro has potential to spread fire rapidly. This happened last year off coast of Portugal with car ship eventually sinking. So appreciate customs strict requirements to keep pests out - which may delay delivery. But I know I would prefer to have our country protected and wait a few weeks for delivery than have pests/disease that AU has so far avoided and keep its uniqueness.