Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to do exactly the same. You buying spoiler from AliExpress and doing yourself?
I purchased them from TESDADDY, someone got stocks in NSW in a storage warehouse and build this website via Shopify, clever dude.
I should purchase them from AliExpress, I only hope TESDADDY has solid quality control.

I booked the PPF and Ceramic coating, the guy will do them for me when they have got my MY.

Reactions: chbchb
I am semi-frustrated that I still did not get the delivery time SMS yet, the other guy got it yesterday and has only one day prior to my delivery window. Talked to support this morning they still got the same answer - VERY SOON... 🥹

Are you sure you were even on the same ship? Your EDD is a very loose guesstimate of frustration created by a bot with no real world experience. Assume that you might get a SMS before the last day of your window and anything before then is pure bonus.

Being realistic I think the Grande Mirafiori is due to depart at 8am tomorrow (let's see what the AAT schedule says later) so we are likely to get a text tomorrow afternoon or Friday?

Hoping for a delivery by the weekend after then.

Unfortunately I think you are being too optimistic about when you'll get your text but I would love to be wrong for your sake. But there is a lot of ships so they do need to get their act together so they can move through the pick up queues

Are you sure you were even on the same ship? Your EDD is a very loose guesstimate of frustration created by a bot with no real world experience. Assume that you might get a SMS before the last day of your window and anything before then is pure bonus.
Well, I assume when they booked the transport from the port to ACT, it automatically triggered the Delivery Approaching SMS.

Then I sent an SMS to support, and the same nice girl texted me back and I don't think she is a bot. She only can tell me it is coming very soon, unable to tell me the actual pick up date blablabla. I hope I can have something come up today....

The other dude got SMS yesterday, he is only one day prior to my delivery window. I am not sure same ship but I was hoping it was.... 🥹

Well, I assume when they booked the transport from the port to ACT, it automatically triggered the Delivery Approaching SMS.

Then I sent an SMS to support, and the same nice girl texted me back and I don't think she is a bot. She only can tell me it is coming very soon, unable to tell me the actual pick up date blablabla. I hope I can have something come up today....

The other dude got SMS yesterday, he is only one day prior to my delivery window. I am not sure same ship but I was hoping it was.... 🥹
I received this text from Tesla yesterday

Your delivery date still says March 23 - March 31, that is the same thing we see from our end, you will get a scheduling text tomorrow or the next day to pick up your car very soon.

I believe they have a little more info than what our account says. But I'm not expecting schedule delivery text neither today nor tomorrow

I think Delivery Approaching sms is a bit misleading - though depends on your definition of approaching :p
Traditionally that sms has been sent when the car has been unloaded at port but it can still be quite a while (up to a week) before the delivery booking sms arrives and then that pick up option might be 1-2 weeks away from then depending on how many cars there are in the shipment and how many bookings per day your delivery centre can handle.
Your window is just a guide

I received this text from Tesla yesterday

Your delivery date still says March 23 - March 31, that is the same thing we see from our end, you will get a scheduling text tomorrow or the next day to pick up your car very soon.

I believe they have a little more info than what our account says. But I'm not expecting schedule delivery text neither today nor tomorrow
Seems like they might have a bot tho. Also could be copied and pasted....

I think Delivery Approaching sms is a bit misleading - though depends on your definition of approaching :p
Traditionally that sms has been sent when the car has been unloaded at port but it can still be quite a while (up to a week) before the delivery booking sms arrives and then that pick up option might be 1-2 weeks away from then depending on how many cars there are in the shipment and how many bookings per day your delivery centre can handle.
Your window is just a guide
Yeah, kinda losing patience as the other dude had got a pickup date. 🥹

I purchased them from TESDADDY, someone got stocks in NSW in a storage warehouse and build this website via Shopify, clever dude.
I should purchase them from AliExpress, I only hope TESDADDY has solid quality control.

I booked the PPF and Ceramic coating, the guy will do them for me when they have got my MY.
Tesdaddy have very mixed review on Facebook groups. I would just rely on aliexpress

Reactions: singo79
Tesdaddy have very mixed review on Facebook groups. I would just rely on aliexpress
My order has been shipped, finger cross..but honestly, they may come from one or several manufacturers in the same place in China, it is just quality control.

I only get the badges and the spoiler from TESDADDY, anything else shipped from AliExpress.

Last edited:
Reactions: grizzlybear
My order has been shipped, finger cross..but honestly, they may come from one or several manufacturers in the same place in China, it is just quality control.

I only get the badges and the spoiler from TESDADDY, anything else shipped from AliExpress.
Tessories has great reviews for their customer service and quality check. Tessdaddy is just one dad trying to show how to do business for his kids and that’s his main selling point. I don’t think he does this full time nor does any quality checks. Shipping is standard and he will take a bit longer to handle tricky situations.

Almost all resellers in Australia buy from aliexpress or Chinese manufacturers and sell them locally. Depending on their business model and capacity, they have margins, quality control and customer service.

Reactions: Hugh L.
Tessories has great reviews for their customer service and quality check. Tessdaddy is just one dad trying to show how to do business for his kids and that’s his main selling point. I don’t think he does this full time nor does any quality checks. Shipping is standard and he will take a bit longer to handle tricky situations.

Almost all resellers in Australia buy from aliexpress or Chinese manufacturers and sell them locally. Depending on their business model and capacity, they have margins, quality control and customer service.
You are 100% right! It is very informative!

Reactions: grizzlybear
In Port Kembla
D4693393-82AE-465C-8F32-0E339B7E489A.jpeg
46D44C6E-407C-4356-BEAA-4A2B411A167C.jpeg
C58E1218-9E16-4ECA-874E-E4DA661C308E.jpeg