Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1182.jpeg

We have driven our model Y for one week now, love it. So we ordered another one, there is no need to keep any gasoline car in our garage anymore :)

When you order an new vehicle. The account ask for registration details. VIN not provided yet
I believe Tesla will send you a pre-filled Registration application once they have the VIN numbers and you get the message about a car being allocated to you. Tesla then also send an sms to get you to sign a few things on that application form. Thats how it was for me.

My EDD keeps moving out a day or two every couple of days, now 3 to 24 April. I am guessing that means not before the 24th. It suggests to me I am one of the first off the boat so in a back corner and Autocare Services is counting down actual deliveries as they go and that means the EDD has to go out as they haven't got the capacity to move cars to meet 3 weeks. the next 3 weeks is 12 working days for ~60+ cars so if they are are not doing 5 a day average it is starting to look like very late April/early May. They are no doubt under the pump, if more come into the yard before it is emptied, and if they don't manage the yard carefully could get blocked in again.

I think the number I posted (1800 686 705) requires you to select the option for existing order whereas the other number gets you to that line directly - just a guess.

I not sure whether this affects but I am not financing and maybe that helped me get a delivery appointment via phone (as opposed to the typical process of booking via the link for express delivery).
I actually got a text the very next day to book the delivery date. Was offered 21-24 April. Booked delivery on 24 April at Chatswood, NSW.

Reactions: MyPWSyd
I think the wait seems even longer for some because we're all constantly checking the app, tracking ships every day, coming here to vent, read and post, youtubing accessories videos, maintenance cost videos, how to clean white seats videos etc. What else am I missing?

Maybe we should take a break and stop thinking about it all.... or maybe not 😂
Same time tomorrow?

I think the wait seems even longer for some because we're all constantly checking the app, tracking ships every day, coming here to vent, read and post, youtubing accessories videos, maintenance cost videos, how to clean white seats videos etc. What else am I missing?

Maybe we should take a break and stop thinking about it all.... or maybe not 😂
Same time tomorrow?
About those white seats……😂😂

Just checked Tesla manage vehicle webpage, my EDD was moved to May 21-June 11 whereas before it was April 28 - May 19. Anyone experiencing the same? Its a RWD MY.
Also can anyone confirm if MYs delivered in Australia doesn't come equipped with ultrasonic sensors anymore?

Just checked Tesla manage vehicle webpage, my EDD was moved to May 21-June 11 whereas before it was April 28 - May 19. Anyone experiencing the same? Its a RWD MY.
Also can anyone confirm if MYs delivered in Australia doesn't come equipped with ultrasonic sensors anymore?
When did you place your order? In your earlier posts you have said both August and November. I ordered in late October 2022, and haven't received a VIN or any other movement.