Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
makes me wonder if I should opt for M3LR or bite the bullet and wait for MY RWD 🤔

Strongly considered this... So did another test drive, in a M3LR this time and whilst did enjoy the extra grunt, it did solidify my decision on the MY. For me can't go past the extra space, especially leg room in the rear as I regularly cart around the adult sized kids.

After all this Tesla then released the MY LR so was a very easy decision in the end :)

Strongly considered this... So did another test drive, in a M3LR this time and whilst did enjoy the extra grunt, it did solidify my decision on the MY. For me can't go past the extra space, especially leg room in the rear as I regularly cart around the adult sized kids.

After all this Tesla then released the MY LR so was a very easy decision in the end :)
I hear you, hence the confusion. That being said, it would be a 'second' car for me so while I would love the extra space and a lot easier to get in/out of the car, I am not sure if I have the patience to wait for months (especially after the test drive 😁).

I hear you, hence the confusion.
My next conundrum, going down the NL route.
I really didn't want a white car, of my previous 3, 2 were white. So waiting on the MY LR delivery to update from TBD to a date range and then if it's close enough to 1/7/23 when the new LCT thresholds will come into effect will change the order and add colour. I know it will delay the order.. and will most likely change my mind at least 10 times prior.. but know it will be worth the wait....... that's what I'm telling myself today.. lol

Reactions: MyPWSyd
I really didn't want a white car, of my previous 3, 2 were white. So waiting on the MY LR delivery to update from TBD to a date range and then if it's close enough to 1/7/23 when the new LCT thresholds will come into effect will change the order and add colour. I know it will delay the order.. and will most likely change my mind at least 10 times prior.. but know it will be worth the wait....... that's what I'm telling myself today.. lol
What did they change the new LCT thresholds to? and what were they before?

Edit: NVM found the answer. Old threshold: $69,152. New threshold for 2023-2024: $71,849
Don't know why Teslas are classed in luxury cars. Unless the definition of luxury is based on price and not anything else.

Link: Luxury car tax rate and thresholds
Would we be in the Fuel Efficient Vehicles category?? If so, the thresholds would be different to above.

Last edited:

Are you sure it's going to go up? It doesn't always and I haven't seen anything on the ATO website with a 23/24 range yet?

What did they change the new LCT thresholds to? and what were they before?

Edit: NVM found the answer. Old threshold: $69,152. New threshold for 2023-2024: $71,849
Don't know why Teslas are classed in luxury cars. Unless the definition of luxury is based on price and not anything else.

Link: Luxury car tax rate and thresholds
Would we be in the Fuel Efficient Vehicles category?? If so, the thresholds would be different to above.

I think that's the 22/23 rate??

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.14.37 am.png

Reactions: Elite Display
Are you sure it's going to go up? It doesn't always and I haven't seen anything on the ATO website with a 23/24 range yet?
Last year was annouced very early June, so we'll know early enough to make a decision. It's roughly indexed with CPI which has been big this year. So confident it'll go up and a decent amount as well.

Those rates are for ICE cars, EVs are higher. All I'd need is about a $300 threshold increase to add one of the $1500 colours.. yes it's that close...

Reactions: Stuart2023
Given inflation over the last few months you would have to assume it will go up
You would assume so but as an accountant I can tell you that the ATO doesn't always increase thresholds by CPI as it results in less revenue for them. We're one of the few developed countries where thresholds aren't automatically indexed against inflation, but thats for a different forum...