Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't have too much input to this thread, but tomorrow I'll be leaving to pick my Model Y up! Many thanks for all the chatter and enthusiasm as it has made the waiting more than interesting. On a side note, I may be amongst the first to lift my model y, the all terrain tyres are being fitted to the wheels tomorrow! Take care and I may catch up with some of you at the meet ups, cheers.

I didn't have too much input to this thread, but tomorrow I'll be leaving to pick my Model Y up! Many thanks for all the chatter and enthusiasm as it has made the waiting more than interesting. On a side note, I may be amongst the first to lift my model y, the all terrain tyres are being fitted to the wheels tomorrow! Take care and I may catch up with some of you at the meet ups, cheers.
Good luck with it jcan. You've certainly had to stay patient, ordering in day one and picking up tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the car.

I order my Y RWD two months ago. If I change my colour now will it delay my delivery?
It won't put you to the back of "the queue" if that's what you mean.
You'll just be in a different queue along with everyone else waiting for that colour.

It could even mean you get your car sooner, depending on how many they build of your new preferred colour, and how many people are waiting for one.
But you'll never know. So pick the colour you really want and don't stress about it.

Reactions: Elite Display
RE LCT changes, indexation factors on the ATO website show a big gap between fuel efficient and others. I imagine the same will apply for 2023-24 but agree you wouldn't want to count your chickens on this.

1681423053930.png

You're more than welcome. It would also be great if you post a picture of the ride here when everything is all fitted.
It'll give the rest of us peasants something to aspire/look forward to.

Reactions: jcan
Pre-Easter Shipping Update:
- Don Juan has unloaded and departed Brisbane. Currently arrived at Port Kembla anchorage awaiting port call.
- Morning Crystal has also left Brisbane and on time to pick up more Teslas in Shanghai via Tianjin on 15/04
- Turandot has been waiting outside Port Philip Bay for well over a week now. No idea what is going on down there but surely it's close now...
- Grande Mirafiori has come and gone since that time, going back to Shanghai. Don't know where this vessel will be going to next, might not be Australia.
- Morning Cherry is now behind. According to: Public Pages its scheduled for the 13/04
- Viking Passama should be docking and loaded with new Teslas in Shanghai today, departing for Brisbane and arriving on 18/04
- Paganella's status is unchanged. Due to arrive in Shanghai on 07/04 for more cars. I don't think they shutdown over Easter so there shouldn't be any interruptions.

Armacup schedule hasn't been updated yet and I assume it won't be updated tomorrow, either, since it's a public holiday and we're lazy here.
Happy Friday everyone. Here is this week's shipping update:

- Don Juan is scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 16/04 after that I can stop tracking it since it p1sses off to deliver cars to another part of the world.
- Morning Crystal has arrived in Tianjin, departing for Shanghai soon (16/04)
- Turandot has FINALLY finished unloading and going back to Shanghai to pick up more cars on 23/04
- Morning Cherry has finally arrived in Brisbane and unloading as I type. Port Kembla is next up, who knows when it'll actually unload there though...
- Viking Passama has departed Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 17/04, one day ahead of schedule (I'll believe it when I see it).
- Paganella has also left Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 23/04 (same as comment in bracket above)
- Palmela is also dropping off cars in Adelaide(?) and Brisbane, apparently.

Looks like Port of Brisbane will have its hands full. Let's see how they cope with all these vehicle carriers arriving, successively.

It's been super quiet on the EDD update front which seems strange when so many ships are scheduled to arrive...
Has anyone in Brisbane/Sydney received any updates to their EDD because of these ships impending arrivals (Morning Cherry, Viking Passama + Paganella)???

Reactions: chbchb and borgsta
I

- Don Juan is scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 16/04 after that I can stop tracking it since it p1sses off to deliver cars to another part of the world.
- Turandot has FINALLY finished unloading and going back to Shanghai to pick up more cars on 23/04
- Morning Cherry has finally arrived in Brisbane and unloading as I type. Port Kembla is next up, who knows when it'll actually unload there though...
- Viking Passama has departed Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 17/04, one day ahead of schedule (I'll believe it when I see it).
- Paganella has also left Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 23/04 (same as comment in bracket above)

Looks like Port of Brisbane will have its hands full. Let's see how they cope with all these vehicle carriers arriving, successively.

It's been super quiet on the EDD update front which seems strange when so many ships are scheduled to arrive...
Has anyone in Brisbane/Sydney received any updates to their EDD because of these ships impending arrivals (Morning Cherry, Viking Passama + Paganella)???
I'm sweating on Palmela's arrival into Brisbane on the 30th of April. It was 23rd a few weeks ago, now that's pushed out by a week.

I am in Brisbane, still no EDD update, not even a vin located yet.

Collection date MY white/white induction ordered 17 June. Delivery SYD 29 April. Was originally March. Can’t wait.