Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned or tracking this for the east coast. Viking sea left shanghai a few days ago and due next week in port Kembla. Paganella also left this week and due in just over a week to Brisbane then PK. Good chance to see some fresh Q2 vins in the next 5 days for the east. Also a good chance Q2 vins could be delivered before my Q1 vin in WA if it does go smoothly lol

I didn't have too much input to this thread, but tomorrow I'll be leaving to pick my Model Y up! Many thanks for all the chatter and enthusiasm as it has made the waiting more than interesting. On a side note, I may be amongst the first to lift my model y, the all terrain tyres are being fitted to the wheels tomorrow! Take care and I may catch up with some of you at the meet ups, cheers.
Jealous. I get mine on May 4th (also in the Blue Mountains!). What makes you need the change of tyres?

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned or tracking this for the east coast. Viking sea left shanghai a few days ago and due next week in port Kembla. Paganella also left this week and due in just over a week to Brisbane then PK. Good chance to see some fresh Q2 vins in the next 5 days for the east. Also a good chance Q2 vins could be delivered before my Q1 vin in WA if it does go smoothly lol
Isn’t it they will allocate the vin to order 1st before they load to the ship?

I ordered on 8th of October 2022 in Brisbane. My EDD is still Feb - May 2023. I've spoken to Tesla a couple of times, and they are confident for delivery before the end of May. I'm expecting a VIN to be assigned in the next 2-3 weeks for a May delivery to be possible.

MY RWD | Solid Black | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Black and White Interior

Reactions: grizzlybear
I ordered on 8th of October 2022 in Brisbane. My EDD is still Feb - May 2023. I've spoken to Tesla a couple of times, and they are confident for delivery before the end of May. I'm expecting a VIN to be assigned in the next 2-3 weeks for a May delivery to be possible.

MY RWD | Solid Black | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Black and White Interior
Same. That’s what my rep also keeps saying. He swore our car would be assigned and delivered before May. I’m like”Okay, if you say so”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Had a sneaky look inside the Alexandria Sydney pickup location yesterday
IMG_3730.jpeg
IMG_3729.jpeg
IMG_3728.jpeg

With only 2 weeks left in April - There is not much time left for Feb-May 2023 EDD deliveries to be delivered in May 23.
Less than 1000 Model Y's were delivered in Jan and Feb 23 and in March 23 they managed just under 2,000 Model Y's delivered.
I was told in a Facebook group (very credible lol) that there are two ships to dock at Brisbane next week carrying 5000 Teslas. Will wait and see 👀