Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh thank you for that, if youre using a smart watch do you have to put the watch in the cupholder area to start the car then? Im just wondering how annoying itll be to have to take out a card or phone everytime i need to open the door, i guess ill miss the ability to just have the key in my bag and just open the door to start driving etc..
No, the watch talks Bluetooth to the car - just like your mobile phone, and just like a keyfob would.

Keeping the Bluetooth key active on the watch all the time can be draining on the battery though, so I mostly use my phone (in my pocket) for the passive lock/unlock stuff - instead of having the key in your bag, keep the phone in your pocket and just open the door, get in and press the brake pedal.

But the watch is handy for remotely opening the boot & froot, like I'm used to doing with a keyfob on my previous car.

And it can even "unlatch" any of the four doors. Handy if you have a new passenger bewildered by the Tesla door handles.

Reactions: Nrcl
Received this email from Tesla this morning regarding port delays:

Our team is working hard to deliver your Model 3 as soon as possible. However, significant delays are impacting all vessels arriving into Australia, causing delays in processing and delivery.

Unfortunately, these delays are outside of our control and can be influenced by a variety of factors. Tesla is not the only company being impacted, however, our team are working closely with our shipping partners to monitor the situation and minimise any delays to our deliveries.

Woo hoo!!!
OD - 25/12/2022 MY RED MSM with Gemini Wheels and black interior. VIC. Trading in our car.

I opened the app and my EDD changed to May 9-30. Is_vin_assigned set to True.
No update from Tesla though, trade in valuation nor rego papers.

Hi Grizzlybear,

That's great news! Congrats! haha

Just wondering if that's RWD or Perf model?
Vic here, and my OD was 06/12/2022 , RWD, White, Gemini Wheels, and still no EDD for me. :(
Probably there are alot more White orders to be filled, but its still good to hear some VIC Dec orders are getting VIN/EDD.

Thanks

Hi Grizzlybear,

That's great news! Congrats! haha

Just wondering if that's RWD or Perf model?
Vic here, and my OD was 06/12/2022 , RWD, White, Gemini Wheels, and still no EDD for me. :(
Probably there are alot more White orders to be filled, but its still good to hear some VIC Dec orders are getting VIN/EDD.

Thanks
RWD (auto corrected in my post to RED lol).
Regional VIC.
I can’t see the bin though as I have a trade in pending. Still no email or text from Tesla.