Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haha. yeah, flip a coin.
Id be interested to know if its on one of the 4 ships loitering off Brissy, or another on route.
I'm tempted to pay for Vedaprime to get a more definitive answer and it's only $22/month. I just don't know if it's too early right now or not.
The other part of me likes guessing but then I wouldn't know if I was right in the end.
Veda provides clarity around what to expect with the port delays.
I've never really been able to understand why people would diss a service without trying it first.

If it's not for you, don't use it. But some of us see plenty of value in his service - even me, who could track my car every step of the way via molace.

It's not asking for a 15 digit VIN.

"Max 15 VIN numbers are allowed" means you can enter your 17 digit VIN, plus another 17 digit VIN, and another 17 digit VIN etc. Up to 15 times total.
Hey Zombie, on Vedaprime's website, it mentions "Pre-delivery experience" - what does that actually mean?
and in your experience, how accurate was he?

Hey Zombie, on Vedaprime's website, it mentions "Pre-delivery experience" - what does that actually mean?
and in your experience, how accurate was he?

The pre-delivery experience includes a private Discord server where you get daily updates of all the known Tesla ships - where they've been, where they are now, when they're expected to arrive at each port anchorage and when they're expected to actually get into port.

You also get personalised messages via Patreon with information about your specific vessels, and once the ship is in port you get a range of dates in which to expect delivery - after assessing all the port-based delays at that time.

My delivery was right in the middle of the 9 day window he provided. Tesla's EDD was as useless as it had been all along.

I'm still subscribed because I find the shipping and logistics side of thing very interesting.

Nice. Same here. EDD changed to May 26-Jun 16 from Apr-Jun 2023 for awhile. However, it changed back to Apr-Jun 2023 now.

Ordered myrwd/msm/black/induction/canberra on 7/3/2023.

Application for vehicle registration is now visible.

Hidden vin is still hidden.
Got text message from Tesla saying a vehicle has been assigned to me. EDD changed back to May 26 to Jun 16. VIN available on the rego paper.

the RAV says "VIN Number Must Be 17 Characters." when I enter my VIN

It's just giving you possible reasons why your VIN isn't in RAV, and informing you that VINs need to be 17 characters.

The Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV) does not contain a record for this search. Possible reasons include:
  • The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is not correct. VINs are 17 digit alphanumeric characters. They must not include the letters I, O or Q; or
  • The vehicle is not on the RAV. Some reasons for this include:
    • Entry onto the RAV for a concessional RAV entry approval inspected by an Authorised Vehicle Verifier may take up to 48 hours;
    • the vehicle’s approval predates 10 December 2019 (the commencement of provisions of the Road Vehicle Standards Act 2018). Prior to this date, vehicles were required to be fitted with physical ‘identification plates’ under the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989; or
    • the vehicle’s approval is a non-RAV entry import approval and is not added to the RAV; or
    • There is no approval for the vehicle.

As I said before, your car won't be in RAV until it's in Australia. Don't stress about it

Reactions: bean2006