Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Melbourne orders with delivery dates May 8-28, a FB user advised that Veda Prime informed them that their MY is being transported down from Sydney. So could be a few on their way. Screenshots attached.
That’s good news. I can see the vin in RAV but wondering how long it takes for hundreds of vehicles to be sent via trucks/trains.

Also, does anyone know when the schedule delivery text is sent and how much time do we have to book a pick up date? We live regional and we need time to arrange travel accordingly.

Reactions: bean2006
What the heck is going on in Brisbane ports? Passama, Paganella, and Morning Crystal all que'd up and have been for days.

Pretty confident us 26 May - 16 June NSW people are on one of them. Might turn out to be the reason why some of us miss EOFY!
Yep it's Brisbane port's time in the limelight. They can't seem to handle more than one vehicle carrier at a time. Also it may be a case of anything the southern XX's can do, we can do better, as in screwing up.

As long as your car is on one of them, should be fine for EOFY. I am pretty sure mine is on Morning Crystal.

Port of Brisbane update as of Saturday morning. Viking Passama and Paganella now show up on the ship movements page coming into the actual terminal so I've included this information instead of the scheduled departure date.

[Ship] [Arrival date] [Travel to berth] [Departure date]

Viking Passama/ 19th Apr/ 1-5am 7th May/ [N/A]
Paganella/ 24th April/ 1-5am 12th May/ [N/A]
Palmela/ 27th April/ [Not known] /15th May
Morning Crystal/ 29th Apr/ [Not known] /21st May

Yep it's Brisbane port's time in the limelight. They can't seem to handle more than one vehicle carrier at a time. Also it may be a case of anything the southern XX's can do, we can do better, as in screwing up.

As long as your car is on one of them, should be fine for EOFY. I am pretty sure mine is on Morning Crystal.
13 different vehicle carriers currently scheduled to either properly dock or leave POB in the next week. Busy

No, it just means it has been added to a database.

Tesla seem to upload all cars from the same shipment to RAV at the same time, even if the car is still onboard the ship enroute to another port.
So if the vin entered the RAV on the 4th, any idea which ship could be carrying the vehicle and how long it usually takes to head to the DC? Just a guestimate to know when to expect pick up.

No, it just means it has been added to a database.

Tesla seem to upload all cars from the same shipment to RAV at the same time, even if the car is still onboard the ship enroute to another port.
Do you know if Tesla SAs get any brownie points when "their" customer goes through and pickup their order?
The lack of response from my SA when I ask about MYP inventory order to delivery time is puzzling me. It's almost like he doesn't want me to go for it. He also said I can't change my order once VIN is assigned.

Do you know if Tesla SAs get any brownie points when "their" customer goes through and pickup their order?
The lack of response from my SA when I ask about MYP inventory order to delivery time is puzzling me. It's almost like he doesn't want me to go for it. He also said I can't change my order once VIN is assigned.

That’s super strange. I do know unlike other sales jobs, there are no incentives to Tesla SAs and they don’t need to convince a customer to sell a vehicle; however, the lack of response is weird and looks like the SA doesn’t really care or like their work.

That’s super strange. I do know unlike other sales jobs, there are no incentives to Tesla SAs and they don’t need to convince a customer to sell a vehicle; however, the lack of response is weird and looks like the SA doesn’t really care or like their work.
A lot of people here have mentioned "my SA". I have never had any SA dedicated to my purchase. I just get whichever random person replies to my texts. How did you all get your own special SA?

A lot of people here have mentioned "my SA". I have never had any SA dedicated to my purchase. I just get whichever random person replies to my texts. How did you all get your own special SA?
When you first place an order, a SA reaches out to you with their contact details. I usually email them or call them whenever I have a question. I called the customer service twice (1800 line) and surprisingly, both of the times my SA was on the hotline.

13 different vehicle carriers currently scheduled to either properly dock or leave POB in the next week. Busy
I see what you mean. I am thinking EOFY is so far away, surely those 4 ships should have finished unloading at BNE and Port Kembla by the middle of next month. Also once unloaded Tesla would be in a hurry to deliver them before the quarter ends. This is all assuming there is no weird snowball effect at BNE and Port Kembla.

In my case it was the person who greeted me in store when I walked in. From there he was helping me by sending out material and organising test drives and stuff. I do have his work mobile so I can text him if needed.

I never had anyone contact me about my order. Consistently inconsistent, like anything Tesla.
You had no contact from Tesla?
I had my SA call me the next business day after we placed the order and also called us when a vehicle was assigned. We emailed him a couple of times and he usually calls to help us understand and answer any queries we have.
He also offered to get the car delivered due to our location but we requested to pick it up from Melbourne.