Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR / White Paint / Black interior / 20’’ Induction Wheels
Order Date: 14/4/23
Vin Assigned & Final Invoice Received: 23/5/23
Build Date: 6/5/23
EDD: June 19 - June 30 (Brisbane)

Based on the current rate and threshold, I'll have to pay $355 for the LCT. As my EDD is at the end of June, do you reckon Tesla would allow me to postpone the actually delivery date to avoid the LCT if it is delivered after 1 July?

I've also received the registration document. Should I hold off on the final invoice payment and signing the registration document until a more accurate delivery date is confirmed?

This is my first post here, but I've been reading a lot and I've learnt a lot in this waiting room. Thanks everyone in advance for your valuable experience and expertise!:)

View attachment 940614
You might be able to swing it. You'll just have to speak to Tesla. If you let them know with a bit of warning, it might increase your chances. There are so many of us asking them to deliver before EOFY, they might appreciate you taking the pressure off for your order!

Reactions: deinau

Attachments

• IMG_6095.jpeg
    IMG_6095.jpeg
    966.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6107.jpeg
    IMG_6107.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 41
ships coming in june in melb are
morning cherry - 1/6
viking pagila - 9/6
No entry found on RAV , but got the final invoice and also registration form with EDD updated to 5Jun to 26Jun
Might get the schedule your delivery message today

It look like my red bird is on Morning cherry. Let’s see if it changes or not this week all the updates happening fast …. Every day

Any suggestion for a good Insurance company in Melbourne , since my leasing company is quoting 2650 for Model Y
Access 1000
Road side assistance
Comprehensive
Rent a car
No access on windscreen etcccc

When I asked specifically for a way to replace my 8A/12A tails with 10A/15A tails (or swapping the whole kit over), Tesla claimed they had had no way of doing so.

Are your tails actually labelled 8A / 12A? Look closely at the labels on the face of the plugs:

UMCgen2-tails-zoom.jpg

Apologies for the fuzzy photo, but mine are "AU Adapter 10 10A 250V" and "AU Adapter 15 15A 250V"

Older tails were labelled AU-10 8A and AU-15 12A

there new-owners webinar was still advertising that the UMC is 10A/15A.
Most of the ones delivered now are 10A/15A, like mine.
You just need to let the UMC update its firmware to get the full speed.

• Informative
Reactions: Elite Display
Are your tails actually labelled 8A / 12A? Look closely at the labels on the face of the plugs:

View attachment 940770

Apologies for the fuzzy photo, but mine are "AU Adapter 10 10A 250V" and "AU Adapter 15 15A 250V"

Older tails were labelled AU-10 8A and AU-15 12A

Most of the ones delivered now are 10A/15A, like mine.
You just need to let the UMC update its firmware to get the full speed.

Thanks for the response. I had read about the 10A/15A tails and how to update them, and thought that is what I was buying. I have been through this with Tesla and they claim that the 8A/12A variety is the newer version, even though they have been advertising the UMC as 10A/15A.

Attachments

• PXL_20230420_222155841.jpg
    PXL_20230420_222155841.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the response. I had read about the 10A/15A tails and how to update them, and thought that is what I was buying. I have been through this with Tesla and they claim that the 8A/12A variety is the newer version, even though they have been advertising the UMC as 10A/15A.
Hey JonDarian, are you able to share how you convinced Tesla delivery team to wack in a free UMC?

I have been through this with Tesla and they claim that the 8A/12A variety is the newer version, even though they have been advertising the UMC as 10A/15A.
I'm pretty sure the 8A/12A version is old stock. Your serial numbers are much lower than mine too.
I wonder if the first two digits (ie VLX19 vs VLX22) reflect the build year.
Unfortunately the Tesla store advertises them as 8A/12A so I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Hey JonDarian, are you able to share how you convinced Tesla delivery team to wack in a free UMC?
I bought it. It turns out they have a special deal where you pay them $550 and they send you one! (Try this one weird trick! Tesla hates it!) 🙂

When I asked why I got one with 8A/12A tails, plus a useless Combo CCS2 adaptor, they told me that the old 10A/15A UMCs were being included for people who were receiving one with their car (due to their ordering dates) and 8A/12A was the new version, which is a silly downgrade, and differs from what Tesla are actually advertising.

I'm pretty sure the 8A/12A version is old stock. Your serial numbers are much lower than mine too.
I wonder if the first two digits (ie VLX19 vs VLX22) reflect the build year.
Unfortunately the Tesla store advertises them as 8A/12A so I don't think there's much you can do about it.
The actual sale page of the Tesla store does say 8A/12A. I assumed it was an error since everything else says 10A/15A. Tesla have definitely told me (so you know it  must be true) that 8A/12A is the new stock.

I bought it. It turns out they have a special deal where you pay them $550 and they send you one! (Try this one weird trick! Tesla hates it!) 🙂

When I asked why I got one with 8A/12A tails, plus a useless Combo CCS2 adaptor, they told me that the old 10A/15A UMCs were being included for people who were receiving one with their car (due to their ordering dates) and 8A/12A was the new version, which is a silly downgrade, and differs from what Tesla are actually advertising.
Sorry I must have got it mixed up. Someone else got a UMC at delivery, unexpectedly.

Thanks for flagging the special deal, I think I will pass. Unless it becomes more special and price gets down to 0 :)

MYLR / White Paint / Black interior / 20’’ Induction Wheels
Order Date: 14/4/23
Vin Assigned & Final Invoice Received: 23/5/23
Build Date: 6/5/23
EDD: June 19 - June 30 (Brisbane)

Based on the current rate and threshold, I'll have to pay $355 for the LCT. As my EDD is at the end of June, do you reckon Tesla would allow me to postpone the actually delivery date to avoid the LCT if it is delivered after 1 July?

I've also received the registration document. Should I hold off on the final invoice payment and signing the registration document until a more accurate delivery date is confirmed?

This is my first post here, but I've been reading a lot and I've learnt a lot in this waiting room. Thanks everyone in advance for your valuable experience and expertise!:)

View attachment 940614
Does it mean you don't get the Stamp Duty exemption?

Should we be using the the lower number to the higher number? I should really do some research on this.

Should we be using the the lower number to the higher number? I should really do some research on this.
Normal household general power outlets (GPO) are rated to 10A, so you use the 10A (or the 8A) tail in those. The 15A (or 12A) tail is intended for 15A outlets, which you might have in your garage or shed, but are usually something you specifically request from the electrician. 15A outlets and plugs have a larger earth tang/socket. You can't fit a 15A plug into a 10A socket.

If you aren't already aware, there is also an aftermarket (non-Tesla) 32A tail you can buy for the UMC. If your electrician can install the correct 32A socket, you can then charge at 32 amps, which is four times faster than using an 8A tail in a GPO.