Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any Brisbane waiters in here?
Several. I am in regional Qld, so my delivery will come to Brisbane and then be put on a truck. The next ship to offload in Brisbane appears to be Turandot, offloading on 31 May and 1 June. I think that was carrying cars built up until about 24 April, from memory.

Edit: Oh, but I see your order date was much later and you aren't expecting delivery for a couple more months.

Several. I am in regional Qld, so my delivery will come to Brisbane and then be put on a truck. The next ship to offload in Brisbane appears to be Turandot, offloading on 31 May and 1 June. I think that was carrying cars built up until about 24 April, from memory.

Edit: Oh, but I see your order date was much later and you aren't expecting delivery for a couple more months.
Yes. I’m ages away. Sadly. Just watching the process. Thanks for the reply.

That's what I expected, but Tesla have told me the opposite. I sent photos, etc. They told me the 8A and 12A tails are the current ones.
I just got a UMC delivered from Melbourne warehouse and it came with 10A & 15A connectors. Was a freeby bought with a voucher (June last year order date) ordered about three weeks ago but that should not affect what heads you get. Maybe they just have stock of both and its pot luck what you get.

I just got a UMC delivered from Melbourne warehouse and it came with 10A & 15A connectors. Was a freeby bought with a voucher (June last year order date) ordered about three weeks ago but that should not affect what heads you get. Maybe they just have stock of both and its pot luck what you get.
Thanks. I have contacted them again to see if anything can be done. They clearly told me that the 10A/15A kits were old stock, but couldn't explain why mine had a CCS2 Combo Adaptor in it. I am hoping to be able to upgrade the tails. I will see what they say on the next few days, I suppose.

Last edited:
We ordered 4/08/22, build date 5/03/23, and still waiting. Currently EDD June 3 to June 24.
Ours is apparently on the Sunlight Ace, sitting off Port Kembla, due to dock 1st Jun. Our MY-RWD has been floating around chasing tuna for almost 3 months now.
I think I ordered in Aug 2022, can't remember, it troubles me how many people who ordered a lot later already got their car.

Reactions: G.T. and JonDarian
Possibly on Morning Crystal based on that build date, which is also sitting outside Port Kembla waiting to dock on 07-Jun behind Grand Eagle.

Welcome to the late June delivery if everything goes well club.
My dates are pushed to 12-June to 30-June too. My car was built on 27/4.
I Was able to see my VIN in RAV on the same day Grand eagle arrived at Melboune. Does this mean the car is unloaded off the ship? My pick up is in Sydney.

I Was able to see my VIN in RAV on the same day Grand eagle arrived at Melboune. Does this mean the car is unloaded off the ship? My pick up is in Sydney.
From what I understand the VIN is registered in the RAV sometime around when the ship first docks anywhere in Australia. Ours MY showed up in the RAV just after it left the first port, Fremantle. But we’ll before it got anywhere near Port Kembla, and it still hasent been offloaded yet.

Your dates align with mine so I think you and I are in the same boat, pun intended.

And that boat (Grand Eagle) is floating out at sea outside of Port Kembla and we won't hit be hitting paydirt until 7 June