Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brisbane order late Nov 22, Build date 14/4, arrived on Morning Crystal about a week ago. Pickup scheduled for 31/5.

I only had 1 EDD pushback, and the delivery still scrapes into the original Feb-May window, so not too unhappy with the process.
Yep, exactly same details (23/Nov order, same build date, etc.). Not unhappy with the process its more of the random Tesla delivery process.

Sounds like they are delivering 30 per day in Brisbane from discussions with a SA - so would mean it could easily take more than a week to deliver any single boat. Morning Crystal was the third boat arriving in a short time so not surprised with my pushback.

Also would expect any boats coming after the Morning Crystal (Turandot, etc) to be pushed as well.

Yep, exactly same details (23/Nov order, same build date, etc.). Not unhappy with the process its more of the random Tesla delivery process.

Sounds like they are delivering 30 per day in Brisbane from discussions with a SA - so would mean it could easily take more than a week to deliver any single boat. Morning Crystal was the third boat arriving in a short time so not surprised with my pushback.

Also would expect any boats coming after the Morning Crystal (Turandot, etc) to be pushed as well.
Turandot is due to dock tomorrow (it had better not be pushed back any later!), then go to Shanghai and back by late June. So, yeah, they are expecting to get to Shanghai, load and return to Brisbane in about the same time the ship has spent bobbing around at Port Cartwright Anchorage. Our ports are not doing very well right now.

Turandot is due to dock tomorrow (it had better not be pushed back any later!), then go to Shanghai and back by late June. So, yeah, they are expecting to get to Shanghai, load and return to Brisbane in about the same time the ship has spent bobbing around at Port Cartwright Anchorage. Our ports are not doing very well right now.
Turandot is scheduling to dock on Wednesday night instead of tomorrow

1685322425505.png

My point was more that Turandot will dock whenever this week and unload, but there wont be capacity for the cars to go anywhere except a holding yard. I think after 4 boatloads in 3-4 weeks that the next bottleneck will actually be pickup of the cars (probably due to limitations on the car carriers). Similar to what happened in Melbourne a month or so ago.
So have you received the delivery SMS yet after the Morning Crystal docked?
Not yet. Presume some time this week.

Turandot is scheduling to dock on Wednesday night instead of tomorrow

View attachment 942102
Yes, you are right. My mistake. It is, at least, finally close.
My point was more that Turandot will dock whenever this week and unload, but there wont be capacity for the cars to go anywhere except a holding yard.....
That's a fair point. I was assuming you meant the ship would be further delayed. You might be right about the cars being delayed, but I really hope you aren't!

Hi All. New to the forum and having a read through the thread. It sounds like a lot of people are still waiting for model y deliveries that were ordered last year? I ordered my y on 12 Mar and have a deliver date estimate of Apr to Jun. No VIN or update from Tesla yet. It really sounds like it's luck of the draw when your delivery comes, but does anyone have any ideas if the original delivery estimate is accurate. I purchased mine as a company car and need to take delivery before 30 June to fit into this financial year. Thanks to all those that are sharing such great information. The Tesla communications seem insufficient from my opinion.

but does anyone have any ideas if the original delivery estimate is accurate
It's not. As you have already discovered it's luck of the draw - some people are getting their car within a month or two of ordering. Others have been waiting since last year.

I purchased mine as a company car and need to take delivery before 30 June to fit into this financial year.
If you don't even have a VIN or specific delivery date range at this stage then I really don't like your chances.

Your best hope is that someone with your preferred spec cancels their delivery at the last minute and the car goes into inventory.

Just be aware that "inventory" cars can be anywhere between Shanghai and your delivery centre, so grabbing one from inventory is no guarantee you'll get it within the FY either.

It's not. As you have already discovered it's luck of the draw - some people are getting their car within a month or two of ordering. Others have been waiting since last year.

If you don't even have a VIN or specific delivery date range at this stage then I really don't like your chances.

Your best hope is that someone with your preferred spec cancels their delivery at the last minute and the car goes into inventory.

Just be aware that "inventory" cars can be anywhere between Shanghai and your delivery centre, so grabbing one from inventory is no guarantee you'll get it within the FY either.
Yeah Thanks. I've scrolled through a bunch more forums and there are many people in the same position as me, and trying to balance end of financial year planning around delivery times. It's a bit frustrating as Tesla team simply say there is no indication that delivery will be delayed on their end. However somehow people on this forum seem to have better information on delivery timeframes than the people working for Tesla. Anyway, I think I will plan for a delayed delivery.

....It's a bit frustrating as Tesla team simply say there is no indication that delivery will be delayed on their end. However somehow people on this forum seem to have better information on delivery timeframes than the people working for Tesla. Anyway, I think I will plan for a delayed delivery.
I ordered in October (for a business, told to expect delivery in the first half of the Feb-May window) and Tesla told me in March though to mid-May that there was no reason to think my delivery would be delayed. A few weeks ago, they told me to expect a notification to arrange delivery "very soon", then told me the car isn't even in the country. I paid in full a month ago, then they slid my EDD window back.

I might get my car before EOFY. The process is fairly random and the information is garbage. As [Zombie] mentioned, you could be lucky, but I think you are wise to assume your delivery will be after EOFY. I wish I had not believed Tesla's assurances, and had bought a different car when I had the chance months ago.

I ordered in October (for a business, told to expect delivery in the first half of the Feb-May window) and Tesla told me in March though to mid-May that there was no reason to think my delivery would be delayed. A few weeks ago, they told me to expect a notification to arrange delivery "very soon", then told me the car isn't even in the country. I paid in full a month ago, then they slid my EDD window back.

I might get my car before EOFY. The process is fairly random and the information is garbage. As [Zombie] mentioned, you could be lucky, but I think you are wise to assume your delivery will be after EOFY. I wish I had not believed Tesla's assurances, and had bought a different car when I had the chance months ago.
Yes, I think the misinformation is the bigger issue for me. If I knew I wasn't going to get a model y delivered before EOFY, I would have purchased a model 3, which at the time of my order were in stock. Obviously a lot of things out of their control, but again people on this forum have better information than tesla employees.

What would the different car have been?

somehow people on this forum seem to have better information on delivery timeframes than the people working for Tesla
Mostly from our own experience, and from hanging out on this thread (and the Model 3 one) for the last 12 months.

Plus there's always paid services like Vedaprime if you want more accurate information on delivery timeframes.
He started that service when waiting for his own Model 3 because the information from Tesla is such a joke.

Hi All. New to the forum and having a read through the thread. It sounds like a lot of people are still waiting for model y deliveries that were ordered last year? I ordered my y on 12 Mar and have a deliver date estimate of Apr to Jun. No VIN or update from Tesla yet. It really sounds like it's luck of the draw when your delivery comes, but does anyone have any ideas if the original delivery estimate is accurate. I purchased mine as a company car and need to take delivery before 30 June to fit into this financial year. Thanks to all those that are sharing such great information. The Tesla communications seem insufficient from my opinion.

Indeed luck of the draw - Ordered in early Oct as well (pickup scheduled for 19th Jun(!)). I've had one SMS comms from them, otherwise its all been through email - even scheduling for delivery where I've seen others get an SMS, I only found out by checking my emails. Don't have any payment info that shows up on the account page like the others have.

Let's just say its messy and don't believe anything until you get a delivery date - even then, I'm still going to hold out on organising payment until the week before the date.