Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

Hoping someone can give me some info regarding boats docking in Brisbane in June. And the likelihood my ordered MYRWD white/blk interior stock wheels will be on one of them.
Order date 22 March Bris. EDD Apr - Jun unchanged from day 1.

Cheers
Do you have a VIN and a build date? With those, you might be able to get an idea of which ship your car is on, and therefore some idea of when to expect it (or pay for Vedaprime to give you the same sort of information). If you don't have a VIN yet, it seems unlikely that it will be delivered in June. Off the top of my head, I know that Turandot is currently scheduled to return to Brisbane in late June. That will be a mad scramble to get cars through customs and into owners hands before the end of the month.

Turandot is due to start offloading in Brisbane today. My car is on it (build date 21 April) and my EDD window is still June 6-26. That is the window for delivery in Brisbane, not the extra time it will take to send to North Queensland.

Do you have a VIN and a build date? With those, you might be able to get an idea of which ship your car is on, and therefore some idea of when to expect it (or pay for Vedaprime to give you the same sort of information). If you don't have a VIN yet, it seems unlikely that it will be delivered in June. Off the top of my head, I know that Turandot is currently scheduled to return to Brisbane in late June. That will be a mad scramble to get cars through customs and into owners hands before the end of the month.

Turandot is due to start offloading in Brisbane today. My car is on it (build date 21 April) and my EDD window is still June 6-26. That is the window for delivery in Brisbane, not the extra time it will take to send to North Queensland.
Yeah I have nothing. No hidden VIN.
Only thing that happened was start of May my EDD changed to TBD briefly before going back to Apr-June.

Frustrating that if you order today in bris the eta is Jun to Aug. was July to sept last week. If people who ordered in March like me won’t get out in June. Then why have reduce the eta for orders made today

Yeah I have nothing. No hidden VIN.
Only thing that happened was start of May my EDD changed to TBD briefly before going back to Apr-June.

Frustrating that if you order today in bris the eta is Jun to Aug. was July to sept last week. If people who ordered in March like me won’t get out in June. Then why have reduce the eta for orders made today
You are echoing the frustrations of those who have gone before you. The "May-Jun" delivery prediction hung around for a lot longer than it should have, too. I think they are probably accounting for the fastest delivery in the fastest region. For example, they might deliver a Sydney order two months before a Brisbane order, even if ordered on the same day. It is so random.

You are echoing the frustrations of those who have gone before you. The "May-Jun" delivery prediction hung around for a lot longer than it should have, too. I think they are probably accounting for the fastest delivery in the fastest region. For example, they might deliver a Sydney order two months before a Brisbane order, even if ordered on the same day. It is so random.
yeah thanks for the reply mate.
Hopefully you get yours early June not accounting trucking to north Qld. And by some miracle I get mine towards the end of June.

Reactions: JonDarian

Turandot on the move as I post this 👀

Reactions: JonDarian
Unless I'm missing something, from what I can see on the map it would appear that the port congestion at Brisbane is almost cleared. Compared to a couple of weeks ago where there was 10-15 vehicle carriers waiting, with Turandot on the way there are only 5 vehicle carriers left anchored off the Sunshine Coast.

Bodes well for both Brisbane deliveries and a reduced delay for southern ports by the time Turandot and others return in late June.

yeah thanks for the reply mate.
Hopefully you get yours early June not accounting trucking to north Qld. And by some miracle I get mine towards the end of June.
My EDD has changed from 25 May - 15 Jun to 11 Jun - 30 Jun as Grande Eagle's berth date has been pushed back from 28 May to 7 Jun as things stand now. When I saw the berth date pushed back I knew my EDD would change sooner or later. So follow the ship you will get a more realistic EDD. When you have a VIN you can do some digging to find out which ship you car is on and from there you can have a more educated guess when you may receive your car
1685491406368.png

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Hi guys.

Hoping someone can give me some info regarding boats docking in Brisbane in June. And the likelihood my ordered MYRWD white/blk interior stock wheels will be on one of them.
Order date 22 March Bris. EDD Apr - Jun unchanged from day 1.

Cheers
I ordered 12 March, and am in Brisbane. rwd, white/white interior, upgrade wheels. No VIN as yet, so I think my dd will be after June. It sounds like the Jun edd is a false date that isn't going to be achieved for many. Which has put a lot of business owners in a spin trying to sort out tax implications if delivery doesn't come.

I ordered 12 March, and am in Brisbane. rwd, white/white interior, upgrade wheels. No VIN as yet, so I think my dd will be after June. It sounds like the Jun edd is a false date that isn't going to be achieved for many. Which has put a lot of business owners in a spin trying to sort out tax implications if delivery doesn't come.
There was a 3 rwd showing up as Briz inventory, might have more luck with that coming in before eofy?

Yep. I mean, the Feb-May date wasn't really true either. There will be some who are lucky enough to take delivery in time, and some left hanging.

My EDD has changed from 25 May - 15 Jun to 11 Jun - 30 Jun as Grande Eagle's berth date has been pushed back from 28 May to 7 Jun as things stand now. When I saw the berth date pushed back I knew my EDD would change sooner or later. So follow the ship you will get a more realistic EDD. When you have a VIN you can do some digging to find out which ship you car is on and from there you can have a more educated guess when you may receive your car
View attachment 942578
We are in the same boat

Unless I'm missing something, from what I can see on the map it would appear that the port congestion at Brisbane is almost cleared. Compared to a couple of weeks ago where there was 10-15 vehicle carriers waiting, with Turandot on the way there are only 5 vehicle carriers left anchored off the Sunshine Coast.

Bodes well for both Brisbane deliveries and a reduced delay for southern ports by the time Turandot and others return in late June.
What are the other vessels?

Where do you learn that Turandot is dropping off and doing a return trip again straight away? That’s some cool info

How do you know where you are picking up? Dont think delivery notifications have gone out for us Sydney people with cars on Grand Eagle (18 May RAV entries)
When placing the order we need to specify the pick up delivery and I can only choose Miranda or Alexandria. I've asked my SA and he said Chatswood is small and very busy that's why the option for Chatswood wasn't available unless you ordered in Tesla Chatswood.

When placing the order we need to specify the pick up delivery and I can only choose Miranda or Alexandria. I've asked my SA and he said Chatswood is small and very busy that's why the option for Chatswood wasn't available unless you ordered in Tesla Chatswood.
Cool thanks. I don't recall that step at all, but it was so long ago I've likely forgotten. I would have also chosen Alexandria at the time as its closest to me.

Hope we get those texts soon

The map definitely looks better in terms of less vehicle carriers waiting in that area but I think there are many on their way.

I've compiled a short list using the Port of Brisbane/Q ships website in no particular order:
Virgo Leader
Turandot
Dover Highway
Tysla
Polaris Leader
Trans Future 5
Istra Ace
(Viking) Paglia
Hoegh Berlin
Triton Leader

Yep. I mean, the Feb-May date wasn't really true either. There will be some who are lucky enough to take delivery in time, and some left hanging.
Yeah I'm sure there are plenty of people that have received their order within the estimated window, they just aren't in the "model y waiting room" forum anymore. It would be interesting to know what the stats are on the accuracy of the deliver estimates. As I see it, without any consequence for missing the EDD, Tesla is better off saying it will be earlier than reality e.g. best case scenario. Get the sale across the line and hope for the best. People love the product so much, that they will be happy when they get the car either way. Then we all forget about the bad communication and inaccurate wait times etc. For me, the EDD was part of the reason I went with Tesla, so that tactic worked with my sale. Just a thought.

Yeah I'm sure there are plenty of people that have received their order within the estimated window, they just aren't in the "model y waiting room" forum anymore. It would be interesting to know what the stats are on the accuracy of the deliver estimates. As I see it, without any consequence for missing the EDD, Tesla is better off saying it will be earlier than reality e.g. best case scenario. Get the sale across the line and hope for the best. People love the product so much, that they will be happy when they get the car either way. Then we all forget about the bad communication and inaccurate wait times etc. For me, the EDD was part of the reason I went with Tesla, so that tactic worked with my sale. Just a thought.
When I ordered my M3, the timing was out by a month. I'm just hoping my MY is on hand before 30th June