Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just so you know, these are not "included" in the lease package. You pay for them in higher weekly lease repayments. If you add up the increase in the lease to cost what they are charging, they are a good 100% more than if you just get them done on your own, and as you have found these just use the generic providers. You can get them to remove these off the lease quote but they automatically add them in initially usually with the dodgy minor dent repair option and a driver pack. The person preparing the lease gets commission on these which is why they add them into the quote.

My workplace uses SG Fleet as well. My current Model 3 is my 7th lease through them and the upcoming Y will be the 8th.

I’m also going through the same options but am considering adding to the quote or doing it aftermarket later after delivery. I was a bit lazy so havnt done the research yet.. are the quality and price far off? Better to do aftermarket? And what’s an estimate quote ?
It went to too many things to consider once they start going on about ceramic coating or ppf or graphene coating

I’m also going through the same options but am considering adding to the quote or doing it aftermarket later after delivery. I was a bit lazy so havnt done the research yet.. are the quality and price far off? Better to do aftermarket? And what’s an estimate quote ?
It went to too many things to consider once they start going on about ceramic coating or ppf or graphene coating
In simple terms if you pay for it yourself you get to shop around for the best price but you will pay 10% GST.

If you package it in the lease you don't pay GST BUT you may not be able to shop around for best price plus you pay the lease interest. Given current interest rates over the term of the lease this will likely equal more than the 10% GST saving. Tinting and coatings are relatively cheap so the tax benefit for packaging these in the lease would be negligible.

From what I have been told, these are most likely NOT sitting at the warehouse at the moment. They are on one of the ships inbound and meant to arrive later this month. But yeah, it's still significantly quicker than ordering a custom one.

Although, if you did ordered a custom one that fits one of the car on the inventory list, they would most likely assign you that car?

*typo

Reactions: Epping2023
Well, new to the waiting club.

Ordered 4th July. Received the email and text. Nothing so far.

MY RWD (Red) the rest is stock. There were a couple RWD MY in various colours added to inventory but none were red. Anyone have a longer than usual wait time for the red paint?

if there is a way to buy inventory stock from a different state
My understanding is they will want to register the vehicle in the state it is in, according to my previous communications with Tesla when I was waiting for mine.

However, it wouldn't hurt to discuss with Tesla via the SMS/email
And tell them you want to bring the vehicle back to NSW via an Unregistered Vehicle Permit

Vessel: GLOVIS CARAVEL expected to arrive in Brisbane on 16th August. This arrival could aid in reducing the backlog, potentially leading to communication regarding delivery updates for those of us in both Queensland and New South Wales.

Anyone got any updates yet ?

Is this more for people that have had VIN’s assigned already?
One of the ways to see if a vehicle is on a ship is to check the Register of Approved Vehicles Search on the day or days after the ship docks at the first Australian port. Need a VIN to search. Vehicles are entered onto the Register around the day the ship docks at the first Aus port. However the vehicle may remain on the ship until it's final Australian port.

One of the ways to see if a vehicle is on a ship is to check the Register of Approved Vehicles Search on the day or days after the ship docks at the first Australian port. Need a VIN to search. Vehicles are entered onto the Register around the day the ship docks at the first Aus port. However the vehicle may remain on the ship until it's final Australian port.

Once your car has been unloaded at a port, it will take around 3 weeks until delivery scheduled.

Last edited:
One of the ways to see if a vehicle is on a ship is to check the Register of Approved Vehicles Search on the day or days after the ship docks at the first Australian port. Need a VIN to search. Vehicles are entered onto the Register around the day the ship docks at the first Aus port. However the vehicle may remain on the ship until its final Australian port.
I don’t even have a VIN yet.
I’ll just keep on waiting I guess 😅

I'm picking 🍒 this weekend. Vedaprime tracking was worth every cent. MY docked last Tuesday and rdy 4 picking this weekend. Pickup a lot of useful tips. If you see MY driving slow it's not because I need a charge it's running in the motor and bearings. 7kw home Charging with a 32a 5 pin plug is the way to go than spend $$$ going 3 phase for +11kw.

I'm picking 🍒 this weekend. Vedaprime tracking was worth every cent. MY docked last Tuesday and rdy 4 picking this weekend. Pickup a lot of useful tips. If you see MY driving slow it's not because I need a charge it's running in the motor and bearings. 7kw home Charging with a 32a 5 pin plug is the way to go than spend $$$ going 3 phase for +11kw.
Nice, congrats

How much was the cost for getting a 32A point in your house? I am thinking of getting that done in my garage while waiting for the car.

Reactions: Epping2023
Guys, I need touch up paint. Both for the Deep Blue colour and the Wheels. Does Tesla sell touch-up paint? I could not find any paint on the Tesla website.

I found this on Amazon. If Tesla doesn’t sell touch up paint, would this be good for the Wheels?

Picture2.png

How much was the cost for getting a 32A point in your house?
Should be less than $1k. Maybe even $500. It really depends - get a quote.

Also be careful to not assume that you can get 32A on one circuit. It really depends on the existing electrical load already present in the house especially if you only have single phase electricity. Best to check with your electrician.