Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds super frustrating - not something you want to do when ordering a new car - it'll come though!

My pre-tasks are done as well - although my estimated delivery has just this morning gone from TBD to Oct-Nov.

Config: MYP, Midnight Silver, White seats (Sydney, NSW)
ODD: 6/August
EDD1: July-SEP
EDD2: TBD
EDD3: Oct - Nov (As of this morning)

I'll be away from 19th October and basically the whole of November, was hoping the car would arrive befre going overseas but looks like I'll have to get someone else to go pick it up for me.
My EDD changed this morning also.
Ordered 23/8
Was AUG-SEP, then TBD and now OCT-NOV.

The white it awesome. My wife wasn't keen but she wouldn't have anything else now.
Trust me I think it looks awesome in th white interior, but wifey is worried about keeping it clean with kids, and our current car has grey leather which has worn quite a lot over time.

I think that the white would also be nice to keep the temperature lower in the cabin. I've sat in black leather cars before and boy those seats can get sticky in the summer.

We shall see... maybe I can convince her 👌

Reactions: BareFeetTom
Sounds super frustrating - not something you want to do when ordering a new car - it'll come though!

My pre-tasks are done as well - although my estimated delivery has just this morning gone from TBD to Oct-Nov.

Config: MYP, Midnight Silver, White seats (Sydney, NSW)
ODD: 6/August
EDD1: July-SEP
EDD2: TBD
EDD3: Oct - Nov (As of this morning)

I'll be away from 19th October and basically the whole of November, was hoping the car would arrive befre going overseas but looks like I'll have to get someone else to go pick it up for me.
Mine got updated to same EDD: Oct-Nov. Atleast there’s a window now and better than TBD 🙂
Let’s see when the actual dates appear now, hoping we are due in next shipment to Syd..

Not my first Tesla... so been through the painful process of waiting before .... don't worry its all worthwhile in the end. I'm just checking in to see what the wait time is like at the moment as I too am expecting... From my experience you find your VIN hidden in the page source at about the time your car is loaded onto the ship. Its then about 6 weeks till delivery (Melb Adel). Delivery date gets assigned about 1-2 weeks before delivery, once car has landed at your port. Keep an eye on Armacup shipping schedules for Tesla ships to Australia. Thats my experience anyway... hope that allays some waiting aingst...... In the meantime keep waiting...:)

Trust me I think it looks awesome in th white interior, but wifey is worried about keeping it clean with kids, and our current car has grey leather which has worn quite a lot over time.

I think that the white would also be nice to keep the temperature lower in the cabin. I've sat in black leather cars before and boy those seats can get sticky in the summer.

I put a self applied ceramic coating on ours. We just got back from a Qld roadtrip and the seats were a bit filthy from the messy kids, but all wiped off with wet wipes, no issued at all. Even a small coffee spill.

I could have sworn I have seen a YouTube video showing the white seats are actually easier to clean than the black. For sure, the black will hide the dirt better - but that might not be the best long-term result ;)

Reactions: dronus
Where can we see a schedule of ships coming in?

Reached out to a Tesla Advisor last week as I am going to be out of country for month of December. Keen to get it before and he was advising that they are expecting some new VINs this week. I am guessing there are some loading this week over at Shanghai?

Reached out to a Tesla Advisor last week as I am going to be out of country for month of December. Keen to get it before and he was advising that they are expecting some new VINs this week. I am guessing there are some loading this week over at Shanghai?
Fremantle WA has their port expected movements page and it loads up a month of data which is nice, and based off past shipping company/agency and routes you can deduce which ones might contain teslas. Apart from guessing or paying for the data from websites, its more or less relying on someone announcing it. Tesla sent me an SMS and said your tesla is on "Marguerite Ace" so they also may let you know.

See here: Tesla Ship Tracker

For discussion and to understand what you're seeing, see here: 2023 Shipping Movements

Reactions: dronus