Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we
My MY rwd took 4 months so ours went beyond the EDD. Just have to be patient! Worth the wait. Driven 1000km so far and spent a mix of around $74 on home(60%) and super charging(30%).

We have 3 phase power at home too, and putting in new 11.5kw charger soon.
We've done 3570km in less than 4 weeks, and we still have the 1000km trip home from the inlaws in Qld on Friday 😁

We should be back to normalised 1500km a month soon.

How are you charging? Have you got home charging?
Wife charges for free at work. They have 4 x 22kW chargers in the car park. We have two destination chargers at our nearest shopping centre, so when we are there we pop it on if they are free. Also have a Jolt 5 mins away that has 7kW for free each day. I'll go there sometimes if she is working from home. We only have a UMC charger and I've topped up twice overnight.

She has done two trips to Canberra for work and the trip up here to QLD. Used superchargers on these trips.

Reactions: dronus
Wife charges for free at work. They have 4 x 22kW chargers in the car park. We have two destination chargers at our nearest shopping centre, so when we are there we pop it on if they are free. Also have a Jolt 5 mins away that has 7kW for free each day. I'll go there sometimes if she is working from home. We only have a UMC charger and I've topped up twice overnight.

She has done two trips to Canberra for work and the trip up here to QLD. Used superchargers on these trips.
What are your experiences with the Jolt Chargers? I see a lot of them around Adelaide and wondered what the deal is. They have like digital advertising all over them. The costs dont seem too crazy but i was wondering about their speed etc.

What are your experiences with the Jolt Chargers? I see a lot of them around Adelaide and wondered what the deal is. They have like digital advertising all over them. The costs dont seem too crazy but i was wondering about their speed etc.
They are DC chargers, so faster than destination but not as fast as superchargers.

The 7kw free per day I believe will get you about 12% on a standard RWD, which I think is roughly ~50km in about 20-25 minutes of charging.

They are DC chargers, so faster than destination but not as fast as superchargers.

The 7kw free per day I believe will get you about 12% on a standard RWD, which I think is roughly ~50km in about 20-25 minutes of charging.
So in theory if I used it on my way home when I go to the shops I could pretty much travel for free haha.
Can you set the charge session to KW or is it only percentage?

Has anyone taken delivery or received VIN on MY Performance recently?

Order date: 20th September
Config: MY Performance White Exterior, White Interior

Still haven't received a VIN 😕

Order Date: 6th August
EDD1: July-SEP
EDD2: TBD (as of a few days ago, once we clocked over to October)
Config: MY Performance, Midnight Silver, White interior

Still no VIN as well - in for the long haul - I'm expecting a December delivery, I'm away for a month in 2 weeks so hoping it arrives once I'm back in Oz.

Order Date: 6th August
EDD1: July-SEP
EDD2: TBD (as of a few days ago, once we clocked over to October)
Config: MY Performance, Midnight Silver, White interior

Still no VIN as well - in for the long haul - I'm expecting a December delivery, I'm away for a month in 2 weeks so hoping it arrives once I'm back in Oz.
That is going to look and be awesome!

Marguerite Ace is currently heading to Fremantle and Morning Crystal is due to arrive in Brisbane on the 7th. Turandot is the next ship to arrive in Brisbane on about the 9th.

From what I can see, VIN numbers seem to be allocated around the time of loading the ship/production and then delivery dates are allocated around the the time of arrival at local port. I am posting this to test the theory.

The next thing is that local inventory on the tesla website then seems to be restocked. I have checked Brisbane and the Gold Coast over the last month, and see the inventory steadily falling, and today there are only a couple of cars available.

For those who don't have a VIN number yet (mostly in the September - November time slot), I would keep an eye on 12 October when Morning Cello is due to leave Shanghai, and then 31st when Don Juan is due for departure. The ships seem to take 2 weeks to get to Brisbane and so both of those should allow for a November delivery date, or maybe early December.

Hope this is an accurate guess. :)

The one near our place gives 7kW for free, then its 46c I think. I've never paid because I'm a cheapskate and just do the freebie 😁. It's a 25kW and I've got 20-22kW everytime, so takes about 18 mins for my free electrons.

The one near our place gives 7kW for free, then it’s 46c I think. I've never paid because I'm a cheapskate and just do the freebie 😁. It's a 25kW and I've got 20-22kW everytime, so takes about 18 mins for my free electrons.
So the cheapskate way to do it is sit in the car and wait till 20kw ticks over? Or can you just use it without a credit card in your account and it bumps you off?
Sorry if it’s a silly question, I’m new to this and don’t have my car yet to do any testing!

Marguerite Ace is currently heading to Fremantle and Morning Crystal is due to arrive in Brisbane on the 7th. Turandot is the next ship to arrive in Brisbane on about the 9th.

From what I can see, VIN numbers seem to be allocated around the time of loading the ship/production and then delivery dates are allocated around the the time of arrival at local port. I am posting this to test the theory.

The next thing is that local inventory on the tesla website then seems to be restocked. I have checked Brisbane and the Gold Coast over the last month, and see the inventory steadily falling, and today there are only a couple of cars available.

For those who don't have a VIN number yet (mostly in the September - November time slot), I would keep an eye on 12 October when Morning Cello is due to leave Shanghai, and then 31st when Don Juan is due for departure. The ships seem to take 2 weeks to get to Brisbane and so both of those should allow for a November delivery date, or maybe early December.

Hope this is an accurate guess. :)
My OD was 25th august, had edd sept to November. Have my VIN and also found my VIN in the RAV database already, it's on board Marguerite Ace arriving maybe the 9th, Ed is 22nd to 12 Nov, might be subject to change if the ship gets in on time.