Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shipfix has free satellite based location data:

Shipfix has free satellite based location data:

It looks a bit cleaner than marinetraffic too! Great to have the satellite tracking! It does seem to be a little behind, (2+ hours), but that is better than nothing :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Glovis Caravel back in limbo in Brisbane at the Bulk Terminal for some reason. TMR says it's planned to head back to Fisherman Island tomorrow, but a time hasn't been confirmed yet so it's subject to change. Port Kembla is expecting arrival at 8am tomorrow, which seems impossible now.

Interestingly the draught has decreased from 9.7m to 9.4m at some point over the past few days, which suggests they've unloaded something in Brisbane. Not sure what's going on up there.

Reactions: elddum
Glovis definitely did unload at Brisbane last Friday. I was at Fisherman's Island and saw Hyundais/Mazdas and Teslas as well. That was around 6pm.
Next day, found out that it is being moved to Bulk Terminal so I have suspicion is stink bugs found, re-inspection required.

It is planned to move to Fisherman Island tomorrow so hopefully it can resume unloading and start its journey down to Port Kembla.

I have not received any delivery estimate/dates for Glovis as well (not sure if anyone has received anything) so this has not been a smooth process :(

Haiz, it keeps delaying for Sydney delivery now as the arrival date has been pushing back again & again. My thought was bit beyond the delivery of this vessel only, we’re such a big country in term of land and port capacity. However, the Glovis Caravel has been there for nearly 2 weeks now without moving to the next destination with many reasons, traffic jam, etc... Not sure if it’s usual for international shipping nor only in Australia. Saw some shipping in Singapore come & depart very quickly.

Glovis definitely did unload at Brisbane last Friday. I was at Fisherman's Island and saw Hyundais/Mazdas and Teslas as well. That was around 6pm.
Next day, found out that it is being moved to Bulk Terminal so I have suspicion is stink bugs found, re-inspection required.

It is planned to move to Fisherman Island tomorrow so hopefully it can resume unloading and start its journey down to Port Kembla.

I have not received any delivery estimate/dates for Glovis as well (not sure if anyone has received anything) so this has not been a smooth process :(
are you able to find your car in https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/

Keep an eye on it, they like to drop teslas off in Singapore quite a bit, ours got dropped off in Singapore late Sept and stayed there a month before Swallow Ace picked them up.
Yeah, hoping that doesn't happen!

Looks like Swift Ace has made a trip to Thailand, but that wasn't shown on the itinerary for my VIN, so wondering if my car's been unloaded in Singapore too..

IMG_0227.jpeg

I really hope this is a typo 😬

I really hope this is a typo 😬
Unfortunately likely not. Each day it moves back by a day, so could move back again tomorrow until the inspection/fumigation/whatever they're doing is done. They seem to use 12:34 as a placeholder for when no specific time has been determined yet.

Once the time says anything other than 12:34 I'll start to believe it might move that day.

Haiz, it keeps delaying for Sydney delivery now as the arrival date has been pushing back again & again. My thought was bit beyond the delivery of this vessel only, we’re such a big country in term of land and port capacity. However, the Glovis Caravel has been there for nearly 2 weeks now without moving to the next destination with many reasons, traffic jam, etc... Not sure if it’s usual for international shipping nor only in Australia. Saw some shipping in Singapore come & depart very quickly.
Much more stringent biosecurity controls has a lot to do with it. This creates congestion and delays, but a necessary line of defence.

I hope that it clears for all waiting on Glovis Caravel soon.

I personally hope Morning Cello is “smooth sailing” and doesn’t hit this hiccup after its detour for a little pacific island holiday!

are you able to find your car in https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/
No, my VIN is not on there. How about you?

My app remains TBD however I did receive my final invoice today which is a welcoming sight. Seeing that everyone else got theirs like 2 weeks ago.
Apparently there was an issue generating mine.

For those that have received the application for registration, what do I do with it? There are some highlighted sections in the document. Do I fill it out and send somewhere?

My app remains TBD however I did receive my final invoice today which is a welcoming sight. Seeing that everyone else got theirs like 2 weeks ago.

For those that have received the application for registration, what do I do with it? There are some highlighted sections in the document. Do I fill it out and send somewhere?
Mine not there neither.
Tesla said my car is in the port waiting on trucks to pick up.
You should have received an email regarding registration, just complete the form and email back.

Reactions: Clemzstar
Not been on here for a long time, had the Model Y now for many months and love it.

Except....the rattles. OMG, the rattles.

So doors, and sunshades, and what not, all rattle now and then, but they do come and go, I live with them

But the tail gate is another matter. It is bad, and other people seem to have it also!

I have now driven 3 Model Ys (I own one of them) and all of them have some bad tailgate rattle....and services dont fix (I tried, the rattle comes back after a month).

Forums, I am finding are fairly full of rattle problems...seems like so many different causes.

Compared to my other cars and cars in the past, it is much worse FYI...I am not really bothered by having a silent car, just not something that actually sounds like a 30 year old Holden.

It is such a shame, has tarnished ownership.

When you get into all the forums and videos with the rattles, they pull off trim, show you bits that rattle, plus what the service person told me, the conclusion is, this car...the build quality isnt good.
OMG I'm glad its not just my car.... Yep some pretty loud rattles coming from somewhere back there... I want to climb into the boot while we drive to see if I can find them. I find the back seats sometimes rattle (position of headrests, arm rest seemingly) but as the the uprights of the seats aren't really fixed they vibrate..... Tesla could do a little better with the NVH..... Tesla service centre seemed bit dismissive of it all which leads me to think to (try) and ignore it

Yes its the yellow highlighted areas. If you are in Brisbane, its [email protected] make sure to wet sign the document even though you are scanning. In some other places its the state not the city in the email so check first.

Reactions: Clemzstar