Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shows up in RAV when the ship carrying it first arrives in an Australian port. It has "arrived in Australia" when it is offloaded, which might be at a different port. If you got that text on Thursday, your delivery should be in the next 1-3 weeks.
My experience was that the VIN showed in RAV well before the ship entered Aus waters - not long after the ship left Shanghai.

My experience was that the VIN showed in RAV well before the ship entered Aus waters - not long after the ship left Shanghai.
That's fair. My point was to create a distinction between showing in the RAV and actually departing the ship. In my case, it showed in RAV when the ship reached Melbourne, then the ship sailed to Brisbane, sat off the coast my car reached land about 4 weeks after the VIN was first in RAV.

Reactions: dronus
That's fair. My point was to create a distinction between showing in the RAV and actually departing the ship. In my case, it showed in RAV when the ship reached Melbourne, then the ship sailed to Brisbane, sat off the coast my car reached land about 4 weeks after the VIN was first in RAV.
That’s interesting, I didn’t know some ships drop off in Melbourne then head up the coast 😀👍

Reactions: MrMister
That’s interesting, I didn’t know some ships drop off in Melbourne then head up the coast 😀👍
At the time, we guessed that port congestion in Brisbane might have made them decide to go to Melbourne first. Not sure. They were also taking cars to Melbourne which were then transhipped to Adelaide. Given that I live in North Qld, my energy-efficient car was carried thousands of extra kilometres past my house, only to be shipped/trucked north on the final leg. I did wish it could have been dropped off in the way past! :)

Reactions: MrMister and dronus
At the time, we guessed that port congestion in Brisbane might have made them decide to go to Melbourne first. Not sure. They were also taking cars to Melbourne which were then transhipped to Adelaide. Given that I live in North Qld, my energy-efficient car was carried thousands of extra kilometres past my house, only to be shipped/trucked north on the final leg. I did wish it could have been dropped off in the way past! :)
If that’s the case I’m all for ports congestion in Brisbane! Haha

• Funny
Reactions: JonDarian
Here's a question I've been mulling over, and was wondering if anyone else has thought about. Given that the Tesla has an awesome sound system, what's going to be the first song you blast out as you drive away from your express delivery appointment?
My wife and I have Hotel California as the first song we play on road trips. Since the delivery centre is a little while away from us, that’s the song! Can’t wait!

Reactions: Boldar
Been away from this forum for a few days. Is Glovis still circling off the Qld coast? If yes, anyone know when the quarantine period might end and it'll head back (presumably) in to Brisbane port for final biosecurity check and offloading remaining cars destined for Qld. I can't use the NSW Port Authority as a guide because the arrival dates keep on slipping (currently Tue 14 Nov 4am).

Last edited:
With the ongoing Cyber attack which is impacting imports/exports; does any one know what happens to cars which have already arrived and are parked in the port premises?
Will they allow these new vehicles to leave to their respective distribution centres? Or With the Cyber attack, every things is closed???

I've read a few news articles and there are no information relating to the above questions.....