Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your current EDD?
We think our replacement VIN car is not in the GC-
IMG_5875.jpeg

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered somewhere, but given the new EDD for Sydney cars coming off the Glovis, what happens if you are not available to take delivery during that window given it is over xmas and many people will be away? Can you push back the delivery to a date when you are actually available?

Reactions: inexus
I might be the only one here relieved that I'm stuck on the stink boat (my EDD has been pushed back to December 11 - Jan 1) since I'm overseas until Dec 6.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered somewhere, but given the new EDD for Sydney cars coming off the Glovis, what happens if you are not available to take delivery during that window given it is over xmas and many people will be away? Can you push back the delivery to a date when you are actually available?

I messaged Tesla a few weeks ago to see what I could do if it were to arrive while I was overseas. Their response was that it does need to be picked up within 7 days and I should ask a friend/family to pick it up. I've heard from others that they're pretty strict with this, but I've also heard stories of people managing to get reassigned by asking nicely.

Well at least through this forum I can stop trying to figure out where the hell GC is currently. It was strange how it had docked in Brisbane for 9 days when past dockings were just 3 - 4 days before departure. Then there is the constant arrival date being pushed out for GC at Port Kembla. Tesla is currently in stealth mode, maybe they are trying not to provoke people from mass exodus...

Reactions: MrMister
I might be the only one here relieved that I'm stuck on the stink boat (my EDD has been pushed back to December 11 - Jan 1) since I'm overseas until Dec 6.

I messaged Tesla a few weeks ago to see what I could do if it were to arrive while I was overseas. Their response was that it does need to be picked up within 7 days and I should ask a friend/family to pick it up. I've heard from others that they're pretty strict with this, but I've also heard stories of people managing to get reassigned by asking nicely.
To OPs point, expecting that people are not away on holidays in late December is a big ask, especially in the light of the change that happened.

Reactions: elddum and braker27
My Date has just been Updated to December 11 - Jan 1 for a Sydney Pickup,
Novated Lease Settled and Insurance Done so i don't think they could change the Car to another one that easily

You would think Shipping companies like this would do a Better Job of Checking and dealing with these issues on the way to Australia so they didn't have to sit around for a Month Especially at this time of Year when the Stick Bugs are an issue.

Reactions: MrMister
Novated Lease Settled and Insurance Done so i don't think they could change the Car to another one that easily

You would think Shipping companies like this would do a Better Job of Checking and dealing with these issues on the way to Australia so they didn't have to sit around for a Month Especially at this time of Year when the Stick Bugs are an issue.
Exactly the same situation as you Steve, in Sydney, novated lease and car on Glovis. Speaking to Tesla, if car is financed through novated lease and vehicle VIN has been assigned, then they can’t unallocate and reallocate to another vehicle. Probably easier to change allocation if private cash purchase. So just need to wait. Not sure how true it is or it will just be a logistical burden on them to start changing car assignments.

This is just the observation I’m getting but those with less popular variations (I.e. performance, red colour, etc), provided it was on the cello… Tesla are happy to reassign them noting the schmozle with Glovis.

If you’re a boring bastard like me (white external, black interior, standard rims)… there’s hundreds of us hence why they can’t reassign.

I could be completely wrong but just observation from stalking this every 5 mins.

Reactions: Winnieblue

I'm also in the same situation. NL and insurance done. There's nothing we can do but wait. Can't change car as it's been paid for and my salary sacrifice has been arranged based on everything provided.

Still hoping for a pre-christmas delivery so I can actually do my holiday...

Yes, as someone else already said, you (or someone else) picks it up or you lose it. Don't forget that Tesla is doing US a favour by letting us buy their cars. We need to be grateful for the privilege and stop complaining 🙃

This is just the observation I’m getting but those with less popular variations (I.e. performance, red colour, etc), provided it was on the cello… Tesla are happy to reassign them noting the schmozle with Glovis.

If you’re a boring bastard like me (white external, black interior, standard rims)… there’s hundreds of us hence why they can’t reassign.

I could be completely wrong but just observation from stalking this every 5 mins.
I’m one of the boring bastards too! GC must be carrying a ship load of no option white teslas.

Yes we should meet up when we track GC finally sailing pass Sydney down to Port Kembla and shake our fists at it then.

Reactions: cnotoham
We think our replacement VIN car is not in the GC-View attachment 990570
Same as us! We were on GC and got the text yesterday saying we've had a reassignment to the same dates. Did you get your rego paper work reloaded for signing last night? I called Tesla just to confirm all I needed to do was sign it and the guy confirmed and said to expect a text in the next week and a half to schedule pick up. I asked what boat it came from now and he didn't know he said it could have been a GC car that was loaded off before it got sent back and they're going to put it on a truck to bring down or it could be from another boat. Eagerly awaiting the text now!

Reactions: Hazey